Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Global 2016,

Iseki used to make diesel engines for the small Ford garden tractors, like the LGT's, (as did Shibaura), but I understand they also made entire tractors. Can you post a picture and tell us something about your tractor?

Thanks,

Roger B

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger, don't miss a photo op of you in a Santa suit looking out of the Bolens!! Merry Xmas to all.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger, don't miss a photo op of you in a Santa suit looking out of the Bolens!! Merry Xmas to all.

Hellloo Moto... (Sounds like the phone ad on TV) only my Asian accent sucks...

No more Bolens postings I'm afraid.. Me and Boobala got banned.. Gotta hide out here on the endless MTD thread to nowhere..

This lawn tractor forum has got me going.. I find myself spending hours on TractorHouse.com and Tractordata.com.. I gotta get a REAL tractor. It's got to be small and light enough for me to lug around on my utility trailer. I'd say nothing much over a ton total weight with what ever attachment I might have on it. After some research that pretty much limits you to offerings by Kubota, which isn't a bad thing.. At first I was thinking of International Cubs, until I learned that their PTO's turn CCW and at full engine speed! That pretty much leaves out using an attachment made by any other manufacturer.. Bummer.. .. .. Anyway, I'm researching B-series (not BX) Kubotas. Anybody got any input for that endeavor?

Roger

Just remember: "Not all who wander, are lost!"

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hellloo Moto... (Sounds like the phone ad on TV) only my Asian accent sucks...

No more Bolens postings I'm afraid.. Me and Boobala got banned.. Gotta hide out here on the endless MTD thread to nowhere..

This lawn tractor forum has got me going.. I find myself spending hours on TractorHouse.com and Tractordata.com.. I gotta get a REAL tractor. It's got to be small and light enough for me to lug around on my utility trailer. I'd say nothing much over a ton total weight with what ever attachment I might have on it. After some research that pretty much limits you to offerings by Kubota, which isn't a bad thing.. At first I was thinking of International Cubs, until I learned that their PTO's turn CCW and at full engine speed! That pretty much leaves out using an attachment made by any other manufacturer.. Bummer.. .. .. Anyway, I'm researching B-series (not BX) Kubotas. Anybody got any input for that endeavor?

Roger

Just remember: "Not all who wander, are lost!"

I gotta watch you like a hawk !!!!
Now you're after a ....TRACTOR !!! You ARE lost.... better consider a snow-mobile ..preferably with a BIG-BLOCK in it , Blower , injection AND open headers !!! Then you can "share the scit" outa folks while winging through the woods on the way to Grandma's place !! ( LOL ) ..:confused2:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:cool2:
HO, HO , HO Only way to go !!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo-Boo,

I am honestly beginning to think that you are at least as crazy, if not CRAZIER than most of the boat sailors I served with! (Whether or not you realize it, that IS a compliment!)

I can't wait to meet you! Can't wait to get out of Dodge for that matter! Three days ago it was Four Below Zero here, then day before yesterday it snowed all day. Yesterday the temperature soared (made it to 45 by the end of the day!!) and it rained all day!! This morning it was 14 degrees and our driveway was a solid mess of ice and frozen snow, Thank heavens for four-wheel-drive or we'd be stuck here until Spring!

They have those tractor auctions down in FL, I think we ought to go!

Ro-Ro

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo-Boo,

I am honestly beginning to think that you are at least as crazy, if not CRAZIER than most of the boat sailors I served with! (Whether or not you realize it, that IS a compliment!)

I can't wait to meet you! Can't wait to get out of Dodge for that matter! Three days ago it was Four Below Zero here, then day before yesterday it snowed all day. Yesterday the temperature soared (made it to 45 by the end of the day!!) and it rained all day!! This morning it was 14 degrees and our driveway was a solid mess of ice and frozen snow, Thank heavens for four-wheel-drive or we'd be stuck here until Spring!

They have those tractor auctions down in FL, I think we ought to go!

Ro-Ro

Please send snowballs, ... can't take this 80's & 70's temps much longer ...my cold drink plastic tumbler is melting ....What's word from #1 son ??? does he know which end of a screwdriver is the functional part ..??
Or is he a member of the Penske Racing Team ..?? I think he's gonna make ya sorry you gave him that Bolens.... probably have it running like a scalded a** ape come springtime !! Now listen up young un.. you n the wifey stay in the bungalow and snuggle ... I'll call around May or June let ya's know its gonna warm-up soon ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:banana:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boobala;251831 I'll call around May or June let ya's know its gonna warm-up soon ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:banana:[/QUOTE said:
You just keep your eyes open for the aforementioned '54 Chevy! . . . . I'll be pullin' donuts in your front lawn before you know it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
TO ALL the people viewing this thread!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

BOOBALA - BERT - TOM - et.al. !!!

Have you seen how many views this thread has received!?!?!?!? OVER 6,000!!! Holy crap!! I feel like we're on facebook, or something! Just imagine what would have happened if we'd written something really intelligent! (Not knocking your knowledge about "Grease" Bert, I'm just sayin'.....)

It does show what value the Forum has to it's community.. I gotta go find another tractor to work on..

Actually, next spring I plan to start building a mock submarine hull to go over the Yardman tractor. It will be a 'float' to go in parades. I have a buddy who is an engineer and has a CAD program who was going to help design the hull for me, but as I plan for this to have more of a 'humorous' theme, and for the hull to have a more 'fish' shape than actual 'submarine' shape, the CAD program would not be able to deal with something that "allegorical" (if that's the correct word) and wouldn't be of much help.

Something more along the lines of the attached drawing, than a 'real' submarine, but I am open to suggestions. Please submit them to: MTD/Parade Float Forum Thread: (Which hasn't been started yet!)

Roger

Attachments

• stock-vector-yellow-submarine-vector-illustration-193067693.jpg
    stock-vector-yellow-submarine-vector-illustration-193067693.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4

Pumper54

Threads

Roger,
When you go to build your "boat" think foam insulation for your building material. Also a great sources of building foam is companies that sell small trailers as they use big blocks of foam to pad the trailers when they stack em up. You can use canned spray foam to glue the blocks together and then cut it with an electric craving knife, hot wire, hand saw or what ever floats your boat so to speak. Then use rasps,files, sand paper and or cheese graters to smooth it out. You can use "poor man's fiberglass" over it. That is old bed sheets glued on with Glidden paint's Gripper latex primer. Then you HAVE to paint it YELLOW. The parents will get it but I bet most of the under 30 crowd will not.
Good luck and post pictures.
Tom