STIHL Ultra Oil in ECHO,s

bt3

Threads
I've had superior luck with "Royal Purple" 2 stroke Synthetic Oil. Because I can't get to my Stihl Dealer easily, I have ordered Royal Purple from Amazon. I realize they have Stihl and Echo oil too, but I liked the price on Royal Purple for a quart bottle. Also use it in my LawnBoy at 32:1.

And, lately, I have taken to only running Stihl "MotoMix" in my saw. This is their pre-mixed canned fuel. It purportedly has a 2 year shelf/machine life of 24 months AFTER opening. It has no ethanol or other additives, has a high Octane rating, and is obviously pre-mixed at 50:1 for you with high quality Stihl 2 stroke. This way I don't have to goof around or worry about running my saw dry between uses if it will sit for a while.

I realize that if you are a professional that is blowing through a lot of mixed fuel, you can not afford any pre-mixed fuels in the long term, but for a home owner, it's amazing stuff. My saw truly runs better with MotoMix. And it's not my imagination.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've had superior luck with "Royal Purple" 2 stroke Synthetic Oil. Because I can't get to my Stihl Dealer easily, I have ordered Royal Purple from Amazon. I realize they have Stihl and Echo oil too, but I liked the price on Royal Purple for a quart bottle. Also use it in my LawnBoy at 32:1.

And, lately, I have taken to only running Stihl "MotoMix" in my saw. This is their pre-mixed canned fuel. It purportedly has a 2 year shelf/machine life of 24 months AFTER opening. It has no ethanol or other additives, has a high Octane rating, and is obviously pre-mixed at 50:1 for you with high quality Stihl 2 stroke. This way I don't have to goof around or worry about running my saw dry between uses if it will sit for a while.

I realize that if you are a professional that is blowing through a lot of mixed fuel, you can not afford any pre-mixed fuels in the long term, but for a home owner, it's amazing stuff. My saw truly runs better with MotoMix. And it's not my imagination.

I've sold all my family on those premix. As a homeowner you would be dumb to not use it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here we still have easy access to 100% real gas, both regular & hi-test.. So I do my own mixing.

Ric- Yes, that is a lot of gas cans to get started for the season. That would be very worth while in savings.

exotion- Quite a lot for running a big biz.. I see the commercial guys going & their trucks & trailers loaded w/about everything.

I'm just taking care of my place. Which I enjoy.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here we still have easy access to 100% real gas, both regular & hi-test.. So I do my own mixing.

Ric- Yes, that is a lot of gas cans to get started for the season. That would be very worth while in savings.

exotion- Quite a lot for running a big biz.. I see the commercial guys going & their trucks & trailers loaded w/about everything.

I'm just taking care of my place. Which I enjoy.

Taking care of my own place? that's funny. I run 70 plus lawns weekly and at the end of the week guess whose lawn looks the worse, it's mine. I never get to do my lawn during season. I'm lucky if I get to my lawn once a month.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also buy by the gallon. About 3 gallons a year.
I fill up every morning.

One five gallon can of gas for the mowers and top the mowers off.

2 gallons of mix.

Main reason is so I can stop for coffee.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Taking care of my own place? that's funny. I run 70 plus lawns weekly and at the end of the week guess whose lawn looks the worse, it's mine. I never get to do my lawn during season. I'm lucky if I get to my lawn once a month.

Lol ya I don't advertise my lawn and park in back ... Usually pay the neighbor kid to do mine

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lol ya I don't advertise my lawn and park in back ... Usually pay the neighbor kid to do mine

LOL I thought about hiring another company to do mine

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I try and not let mine go to long.
Most times I cut it when I change blades.

Snapper101

Threads

bt3,, I love your avatar, two of the finest push mowers to ever roll across a Lawn. I have never used the Royal Purple before but I know some people have and really like it. If I can,t find my reg. stuff I use Lucas oil. I go through just over a gallon a season, it depends on how much I help my son out. He has just over a 100 customers now and if it rains a few days in a row he,ll get behind and I,ll jump in and help him out. And I like using my stuff and my fuel.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Want to end your 2cycle eng. oil/mix problems , headaches ???? Visit ( opti2-4.com ) Ive used this product for about 10 years now , NEVER a problem, ALL 2cycle engines no matter what theier mix ratio, can use this ALMOST 100: 1 ratio oil without a problem , simple 1.2 ounces per gallon of gas.