STIHL Ultra Oil in ECHO,s

Dave1954

Threads
As long as its a 50-mix it will work, better or worse than any other brand??? try it and see is the only way.

Snapper101

Threads
I couldn't find anything on any of the sites I looked at either. I got blow-ups of the front label and I couldn't find anything about it being synthetic.

mmmm,,, I,ve been using it for about a year, I was certain the dealer told me it was a synthetic when I started using it. Yuh,, well,, now I,m going out to the shop and take a look at it myself. I,ll have to get back to ya on that one. In the mean time I,ll try that jug of Ultra and see how it go,s. If I don,t see any difference I,ll go back to using Echo,s Power Blend or the Lucas.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Snapper101- Be curioius what you find about Echo Red Armor..

As to the Stihl HP Ultra (Full Syn), I can't find it anywhere reasonably priced. On Amazon it is even isted as: "being Discontinued by MFGR ? " (which may be due to Amazon not getting a deal they would work with)..

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The regular echo stuff works great and have had no problems with... Can't see an advantage to using anything more expensive or synthetic you won't get any extra power , even if you do it would be minuscule and not worth the extra money. You need to use the proper amount of oil for longevity of the machine.

Using the cheap oil I've seen increases carbon build up in the exhaust port. I'm talking off brand Wal-Mart special

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper101- Be curioius what you find about Echo Red Armor..

As to the Stihl HP Ultra (Full Syn), I can't find it anywhere reasonably priced. On Amazon it is even isted as: "being Discontinued by MFGR ? " (which may be due to Amazon not getting a deal they would work with)..

I think the last I purchase was like $62 a gallon for the Ultra. Stihl did discontinue there HP Super oil in the black container a while back. I'm going to the shop in the next couple of days to get oil and blades etc for next season so I'll get some info from them on the oil.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The regular echo stuff works great and have had no problems with... Can't see an advantage to using anything more expensive or synthetic you won't get any extra power , even if you do it would be minuscule and not worth the extra money. You need to use the proper amount of oil for longevity of the machine.

Using the cheap oil I've seen increases carbon build up in the exhaust port. I'm talking off brand Wal-Mart special

I wont use the Echo oil unless I absolutely have to, it doesn't work worth a crap in Stihl equipment at all, 2 stroke or 4 mix at least not for me. It just goops things up and they idle rougher, and they don't start as easy and when there running they smoke like crazy.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Called my local Dealer today & they double-checked & said the Echo Red Armor is a syn-Blend.. (fwiw)..

Since Aug when I got my new Echo Blower, I only have been using Echo Power X-Tend (syn-Blend) no issues, & my 7 yr old Troy-Bilt string trimmer is running smoother ..

Don't currently have any Stihl equipment..

PS: I never use corn-gas in any of my mow equipment.. Only 100% real deal..

Snapper101

Threads
I,m glad were finally getting this oil thing figured out. Your right,, Echo,s Power Blend and Red Armor are Semi Synthetic, the Red Armor says it will keep gas good for up to 2 years ( that,s strechin it I,d say) Both carry the FD rating, which is the highest you can get. The Stihl Ultra is the Full synthetic. The reg. orange bottle stuff is regular mineral base with a gas stab. Both Stihl,s oils are a FB rating. I have some Stihl equipment and have used all of the mentioned oils, I have had good luck with all of them. Over the years I,ve probably used more Echo Power Blend and Lucas the most of all. I guess to sum it all up, some people like mustard and some like ketchup. Either one will work.

Snapper101

Threads
I found this oil rating chart in case anyone wanted to figure out what all those letters meant.

Attachments

• Oil Spec.JPG
    Oil Spec.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 21

Lawn Addict
Threads
Snapper101- Yep, good to know these things. Thanks for posting the rating chart !!

I have a 5 pack left of Echo Power Blend, when I use a bottle to make 1 gallon, I also add 1 oz of Seafoam* which is a great cleaner & stabilizer.

When I run out of the Power Blend, I'm gonna switch to the Red Armor..

6 pack of Echo Power-Blend is $8.99

6 pack of Red Armor is $ 10.99

but a 6 pack of Stihl HP Ultra is $23. (lowest cost I could find anyhow)..