STIHL Ultra Oil in ECHO,s

Snapper101

Threads
Has anyone ever used Stihl Ultra 2 stroke oil in their Echo?. A picked up a 2.6 oz. bottle today because they were out of the Echo Red Armor oil I have been using. The dealer said I would be just as happy with the Stihl oil. And It,s cheaper. I normally buy it in the 1 gallon jug. I,ll give it a try.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's all the same just use the correct mix

Snapper101

Threads
That,s what I figured, At least with the high end oil,s. The only thing I see different is the color. And the price. The Stihl oil is about 10 bucks a gallon cheaper.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That,s what I figured, At least with the high end oil,s. The only thing I see different is the color. And the price. The Stihl oil is about 10 bucks a gallon cheaper.

It's actually not the same. Echo is a universal 2-stroke oil and is manufactured exclusively for ECHO. It's a semi-synthetic blend of oil certified for use in all air-cooled, 2-stroke, outdoor power equipment engines, Stihl Ultra is a Full synthetic and a better oil than the Echo. Stihl's High Performance oil I believe is is there special blend oil and not the full synthetic.

Snapper101

Threads
It's actually not the same. Echo is a universal 2-stroke oil and is manufactured exclusively for ECHO. It's a semi-synthetic blend of oil certified for use in all air-cooled, 2-stroke, outdoor power equipment engines, Stihl Ultra is a Full synthetic and a better oil than the Echo. Stihl's High Performance oil I believe is is there special blend oil and not the full synthetic.

OH,, OK,, The dealer I useally deal with is a Echo and Stihl dealer. He said the Echo Red Armor oil I normally use is a full synthetic. But he thinks the Stihl Ultra is a notch or two better. And it was made by Castrol. And it was 10.00 a gallon cheaper than the Red Armor.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OH,, OK,, The dealer I useally deal with is a Echo and Stihl dealer. He said the Echo Red Armor oil I normally use is a full synthetic. But he thinks the Stihl Ultra is a notch or two better. And it was made by Castrol. And it was 10.00 a gallon cheaper than the Red Armor.

The Echo Red Armor oil is re-labeled Shindiawa Red Armor oil. It was Shindiawa oil originally I believe. Echo and Shindiawa are owned by the same company and made in the same place. There owned by the Yamabiko Corp which is a Japanese manufacturer of power tools formed with the September 2008 merger of the Kioritz and Shindaiwa corporations. If the oil is a synthetic oil it should say so on the label if not I would assume it's a blend.

Snapper101

Threads
You are very up on your stuff, Echo,s semi oil is called Echo Power Blend, The Red Armor is a full synthetic. At least that,s what the label says. I used to use the Echo Power Blend until my dealer had me try the Echo ( Shindiawa) Red Armor about a year ago. Now he,s telling me that he thinks the Stihl Ultra is even better. I don,t know why,, he,s making 10 dollars less on the Stihl oil. I got some anyways,, I hope my Echo,s like it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are very up on your stuff, Echo,s semi oil is called Echo Power Blend, The Red Armor is a full synthetic. At least that,s what the label says. I used to use the Echo Power Blend until my dealer had me try the Echo ( Shindiawa) Red Armor about a year ago. Now he,s telling me that he thinks the Stihl Ultra is even better. I don,t know why,, he,s making 10 dollars less on the Stihl oil. I got some anyways,, I hope my Echo,s like it.

Where did you find it on the label that it was synthetic??

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't see anything listing the Echo Red Armor as Full Synthetic on my search (fwiw).

But do see the Stihl HP Ultra as Full Syn, + twice the price of Echo oils.

STIHL HP Ultra high-performance engine oil | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chain saws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

I couldn't find anything on any of the sites I looked at either. I got blow-ups of the front label and I couldn't find anything about it being synthetic.