Engine Oil Viscosity...

oh yes!..with the the new metallurgy of modern engines and components ...as well as this new gas we have to deal with [remember when gas smelled good?]...its a different ballgame...some new ideas about oil need to be integrated i think :wink:
I'm disappointed that this thread dyed before we even discussed HTHS # or TBN # Hmmm I wonder how many have done a UOA on what they use. :biggrin:
 
I think the reason not more interest in an oil discussion....
Those that have questions about oils have read mountains of information...
Those with little or no interest in oils... actually trust the reality that just about any modern day oil is going to be pretty good stuff.
Those that do UOA have likely switched to synthetic, and those that don't have their oil tested, most likely change oils sooner than they need...
AND a very few never change oil and they MIGHT add some, if they get an indication that something is wrong....
:smile:KennyV
 
I think the reason not more interest in an oil discussion....
Those that have questions about oils have read mountains of information...
Those with little or no interest in oils... actually trust the reality that just about any modern day oil is going to be pretty good stuff.
Those that do UOA have likely switched to synthetic, and those that don't have their oil tested, most likely change oils sooner than they need...
AND a very few never change oil and they MIGHT add some, if they get an indication that something is wrong....
:smile:KennyV
Yea that just about covers it. :laughing:

I use synthetic in everything including my mowers.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top