New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
Just tried to order the battery, but they are already backordered. Did you manage to order one ? They do have the blades, however, and they are a bit cheaper than the other source that found in post #57.

Their website doesn't seem to be working. Can't set up an account or log in. Typical Greenworks website nonsense.

This is confusing. The website is actually Ordertree.com, not GreenworksTools.com and the actual supplier is Dixie Sales Company, Inc. I remember when I needed a battery replaced on a previous Greenworks tool (16" 40V mower) that the repair shop they sent me to said the batteries came from Dixie Sales, since Greenworks themselves don't have a warehouse. Crazy.

Honestly, I was just digging around there and decided to try a part number or 2 from my trimmer's manual that I have handy. I have ZERO experience with that site and did not order anything. Actually, I'm thinking that price is a mistake and , if real, won't last long. Seems like actual cost with shipping would be around $71 dollars but it's all 'vapor ware' if you can't actually get one. So, not too surprised at your report. (they list a charger at $5.11 !!!)

crazy indeed

MowerMike

Threads
Over 10,000 views of this epic thread. Yeeeehaaaa !!!!

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Over 10,000 views of this epic thread. Yeeeehaaaa !!!!

A great informative thread I have really enjoyed viewing, Congratulations Mike and thanks for your posts. :thumbsup::drink:

northertunder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well guys me being a internal combustion engine person as i have raced cars all my life for me to buy a battery operated lawn mower and grass trimmer was not on my Radar BUT i did buy The Greenworks grass trimmer and 2 days later went and bought the twin force mower that says i was impressed with the Trimmer enough to buck up for the mower and they are 499 here not 399 like down south So far i am very impressed as what they can handle the Batteries charge Fast and the both exceeded my expectations so far I had the Starting problem that some people talked about but all i did is Put a little pressure on the wire that ran up to the pull lever the first few times i started it now it works great so i will Keep on cutting and let you guys all know how it goes from time to time GOOd Bad or otherwise thanks Guys no more pull cords for me Kevin

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
So far, still working well. Really enjoy the maneuverability, and quiet, smell-free operation.

I do kinda wish there was a 'hack' for it that would create a 'turbo' button/switch so I could force it into high-power mode. I think that would help with mulching some dried leaves. It doesn't seem to vacuum-up quite as well as my old gasser.

maybe someone will dig into the guts and figure it out. I can't afford to do that with a $400 item that's still in warranty.

MowerMike

Threads
I do kinda wish there was a 'hack' for it that would create a 'turbo' button/switch so I could force it into high-power mode. I think that would help with mulching some dried leaves. It doesn't seem to vacuum-up quite as well as my old gasser.

The reason your gas mower does a better job at vacuuming heavy items like dried leaves is that its blade tip speed is higher due to its blade being twice as long as the blades on the Greenworks twin blade mower. Blade tip speed is proportional to blade RPM and blade length, such that the blades in this mower must spin at twice the speed as a full size single blade mower to create the same lift force. This is one of the downsides of using smaller size blades.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
dunno if it really belongs here or needs a separate thread but, the 'tool only' G-MAX equipment just got listed at Amazon. No delivery listed yet but, at least you could get your order in.

the way they are listed makes them hard to find so, you may need to get the GW 'tool only' part number for the equipment you're interested in from the GW website.

the 40V G-MAX 'tool only' (no battery or charger) hedge trimmer is #22332 and the blower is 24282

fyi

sporkk

Threads
I found a 10% off coupon for lowes so mine is on the way. I did buy the 3 year warranty so that way I'm covered from any weird qc defects. I may buy the trimmer if I like the mower.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that when browsing corded mowers I could not find one with a flip handle anymore which makes a cord slightly more tolerable. This helped to bring me into a decision to go battery powered.

Last edited:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I found a 10% off coupon for lowes so mine is on the way. I did buy the 3 year warranty so that way I'm covered from any weird qc defects. I may buy the trimmer if I like the mower.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that when browsing corded mowers I could not find one with a flip handle anymore which makes a cord slightly more tolerable. This helped to bring me into a decision to go battery powered.

yeah, the center-mounted flip handles made the corded mowers very useable on lawns with no/few obstacles. Start near the house and just work back and forth away from the outlet leaving the cord on the new-mown area. I bet I haven't used one in 35+ years now i think of it!