New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

sporkk

Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
I was excitedly waiting for the mower to arrive and decided to check the website as I had received no confirmation about anything. I found that my order had been cancelled! Ordering online is my only choice since they do not carry it locally. The first person I talked to thought they were out of stock when my order was placed but then the 2nd person said it was some kind of issue with the epp. I was half asleep when they returned my call. Anyway I found another 10% off coupon code from slickdeals and placed another order ... and while clicking the submit button is takes me to a page saying access in denied. How frustrating. I've been spoiled as a Amazon customer.

However it did seem to go through and is listed as processing. I'm still not sure they didn't cancel it the first time because they didn't like the 10% off code. So I won't have the extended warranty which is fine I guess. A reviewer on amazon posted a easy fix for the common problem of the mower not starting. You have to remove the cover and bend a bracket IIRC.

I was waiting to mow my front yard until this mower arrived so with the delay it should be quite a test for it. With my corded mower you have to walk slowly for it to cut the grass and I'm hoping I can move a bit faster with the twin blade.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
A reviewer on amazon posted a easy fix for the common problem of the mower not starting. You have to remove the cover and bend a bracket IIRC.

got a link to that 'fix'?

northertunder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well Guys i am back we have had rain for forty days and forty nights up here in Canada with the sun popping out for a few minutes now and then so we have had lots of Grass to Cut the Greenworks grass Trimmer works excellent love it i have not used my Shindaiwa once this year MY TWIN BLade Greenworks has been working excellent i have cut mine and the Neighbors Grass about 10 times when it is wet it does not Mulch as well as it should but i have not found a mower yet that does Happy silent Cutting Kevin:smile:

northertunder

Forum Newbie
Threads
FOR the GUYS whos GREENWORKS Twin Blade Mowers who won't Start when they get them Here is the FIX Put your Battery"s in PUT the Key in PUSH the Start Button PULL back the LEVER Release the Button Take your FREE hand while still holding the Safety bar And Push the cable that runs to the bar towards the bar it should get tighter and bingo the mower start I had to do this the first couple of times i started my mower and now it works fine if you have any Questions about this post it here and i will help you out Thanks Happy silent Cutting Kevin Think Green

sporkk

Threads

MowerMike

Threads
Actually I was mistaken and its for 25312 but it sort of sounds like the same problem that people are having.

Amazon.com: James W. Caras' review of GreenWorks 25312 G-MAX 40V Cordless 19" Mo...

If I ever have any troubles I will try the above posters directions before opening the mower. My order still says processing so I guess its good that its not cancelled yet.

All of the Greenworks Li-Ion battery powered mowers use the same start mechanism, and even share many common parts. There are basically two possible failure points. The first is at the start button on the handlebar and the second is at the electrical switch under the mower housing cover. At both locations there are slider blocks which can fail to engage.

sporkk

Threads
I received the mower and was able to try it out. It cuts better than my corded B&D and is very easy to push. You still have to walk slower than with a gas mower which I expected. However the batteries only lasted about 35 min. I'm not sure if they will last any longer once they have been cycled a few times. I didn't expect a full 70 minutes but at least more than 50% of the quoted run time.

I brought out my reel mower to finish the job. I may have to return the mower if the run time doesn't improve even though I like it a lot

MowerMike

Threads
I received the mower and was able to try it out. It cuts better than my corded B&D and is very easy to push. You still have to walk slower than with a gas mower which I expected. However the batteries only lasted about 35 min. I'm not sure if they will last any longer once they have been cycled a few times. I didn't expect a full 70 minutes but at least more than 50% of the quoted run time.

I brought out my reel mower to finish the job. I may have to return the mower if the run time doesn't improve even though I like it a lot

Li Ion battery run time doesn't improve with cycling. Is the mower constantly running at a higher speed ? Run time is highly dependent on mowing conditions, and will be reduced significantly under constant heavy mowing of very thick or long or wet grass. I'm getting 35 minutes on just the large battery alone with still one battery light showing (25% capacity remaining) with about an 80/20 percent mix of easy and hard mowing. This equates to about 70 minutes total run time. If you are mowing under similar conditions then one or both of your batteries may be weak and should be replaced under warranty. I had a problem with a battery on a previous Greenworks mower that also gave me less than 50% of rated run time, and the replacement gives me 100%.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads

that's disappointing. Were you able to confirm that the 'active' LEDS switched from one side to the other? Does the mower start at high rpm then drop to low rpm?

You might experiment with running the small battery alone, then, when depleted, put it on the charger and use the large battery. Then, if you only have a small area left after depleting the large battery, the small battery may have 5-10 minutes of charge in it and MIGHT finish up.

but it does seem like something is wrong.

sporkk

Threads
The grass was somewhat damp and I missed a week of mowing in the front so I could put this mower to the test. So yes it was running at full power most of the time. I started out with the 2ah battery and run time on that was 10 - 15 min. I put that back in the charger and ran down the larger battery and finished up with the reel mower. I then put the 2 ah battery back in to grab the taller stuff that the reel mower missed and squeezed another 5 min out of the battery.

I'm going after the back yard later which I mowed last week and will report back how the run times are. Maybe the run time is accurate and my expectations were off due to the conditions of the yard. I will certainly have to pick up another battery though. I have my mower set at 3". I wouldn't mind buying more batteries if it was a one time thing but the cost really multiplies when it comes time to replace them.