New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !

wooties

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Greenworks 20" twin blade Li-Ion battery powered lawn mower !
You guys are great, thanks!

I think I'll pull the trigger next weekend (it's scheduled to rain tomorrow through Tuesday next week). I actually scored the trimmer through Amazon after I posted yesterday. The site said there were 5 available, they ran out shortly after that. It looks like they're getting inventory slowly.

I'll keep an eye on my pine cones and rake them up. I'm sure I'll run over a few. If I have any issue, I'll post here.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
You guys are great, thanks!

I think I'll pull the trigger next weekend (it's scheduled to rain tomorrow through Tuesday next week). I actually scored the trimmer through Amazon after I posted yesterday. The site said there were 5 available, they ran out shortly after that. It looks like they're getting inventory slowly.

I'll keep an eye on my pine cones and rake them up. I'm sure I'll run over a few. If I have any issue, I'll post here.

thanx for the info wooties, just ordered my trimmer!

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
a few quick points;

I moved the handle position and much prefer the lower/shorter position. It only took a coupla minutes. (I'm 5'9")

I did some mowing with it in my back yard today. One minor annoyance, you cannot 'nose' up to an obstacle and trim as closely as with a single blade mower. Yes, it gets as close on the sides, but for 3-4 spots in my yard, i may have a little additional trimming with the string trimmer.

I use the mulching plug. It seems to get filled with clippings. Not a big deal, but I am contemplating filling the 'belgian waffle' holes in the top of it with some expanding foam.

Coming from using a small gas mower, this mower is so quiet and vibration free - it is more comparable to using a large vacuum than to mowing.

wooties

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, it's been a few weeks and I've only mowed with this thing twice. I'm very impressed and I think I'm in love. The mower works really well, it's easy to maneuver and I get my entire lawn mowed with just one 4AH battery.

I did rake away some pine cones the first round, but ended up running over several of them in the next mowing. I've checked the blades, they don't look affected at all.

It's a keeper! I also notice that many more reviews are showing up on Lowe's site. Most all are positive. Good on ya, Greenworks!

konowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, it's been a few weeks and I've only mowed with this thing twice. I'm very impressed and I think I'm in love. The mower works really well, it's easy to maneuver and I get my entire lawn mowed with just one 4AH battery.

I did rake away some pine cones the first round, but ended up running over several of them in the next mowing. I've checked the blades, they don't look affected at all.

It's a keeper! I also notice that many more reviews are showing up on Lowe's site. Most all are positive. Good on ya, Greenworks!

I've got about 80 feet of waterfront about 150 feet deep including 30 by 30 house and driveway.

I've been mowing with gas and am sick of them. My last one died again after just 2-3 year (Craftsman with Kohler engine). Replace spark plug, getting spark, still nothing.

I'm throwing around the idea of getting this electric mower. I do intend on getting a small riding lawn mower soon, but more to use it for yardwork than the actual mowing (80 feet of waterfront creates incredibly heavy weeds). I was looking at the Troy neighbourhood mower as an ideal solution.

Really curious to see more reviews on this mower, for lawns the size of mine.

MowerMike

Threads
Really curious to see more reviews on this mower, for lawns the size of mine.

Have you checked to see if it's available in Canada ? According to the Greenworks Facebook page announcement, it is only available in the USA and only through Lowe's. This mower is fine for a lawn your size, and there are many reviews on the Lowe's online store website. My mowing area is about 6500 sq. ft. and I can can complete it on about half the battery charge (2 batteries). It can plow through anything, so you won't have a problem even with heavy weeds.

konowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked to see if it's available in Canada ? According to the Greenworks Facebook page announcement, it is only available in the USA and only through Lowe's. This mower is fine for a lawn your size, and there are many reviews on the Lowe's online store website. My mowing area is about 6500 sq. ft. and I can can complete it on about half the battery charge (2 batteries). It can plow through anything, so you won't have a problem even with heavy weeds.

Definately available in Canada yes through Canadian Tire for $550 or $150 more than Lowes in the States. Typical gouging from a Canadian retailer.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Hey wooties

..... post that pic here of those broken teeth on your mower.

I'm gonna check mine when I get home.