Music on a Mower?

walkerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Stanley ear muff with the built in radio and really like them. They block out enough of the noise that I can still hear the machine running and the music quality is better than expected. I am aware of the safety concerns though and I'll stay off the streets:laughing... :wink:

Nickwilkins

Threads
I use the motorola bluetooth headset. It's water proof, cordless, all the controls (volume, track, pause/play) are on the headset next to your ears, fits in your ears and behind the head so it's not in the way and stays attached to your head very well. I use them for running, mowing etc..... They are awesome!!!

I personally feel more aware of my surroundings when I listen to a little music. The hum of just the mower spaces me out a bit.

image-3905992708.jpg

image-2594345151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok just my 2 cents worth. I have 60% hearing loss it the high tones(woman's voice range) My doctor requires me to ware hearing protection. I have tried many of the ear muff styles. Because they normally give better protection. Well the other day I broke the only pair I had and went to Bass Pro to get a new pair. I could not find any except for shooting ones. WOW what a difference. I can hear a lot of things that where not there with other muffs. Mower noise was still mostly gone but higher pitched stuff still came through. Just love them. I could actually tell my spinals were a little low on grease.

3dmodeler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Music on a Mower? My solution--hearing protection, music, can hear kids talk.

Here's my solution, a set of active hearing protection muffs with stereo audio in port. $40

Works great, I can hear children talk with the mower at max throttle, can hear music too.

And the 4V rechargeable battery pack is light, and works for a long time.

And I use them for shooting too.

--3D

ryobipoweredmuffs.png

RetiredGuns

Threads
No way. I like hearing the engine, blades, etc.. I also have dogs that may get too close or a Wife yelling it's dinner time. I don't listen to music on my bike either. I have seen too many joggers/walkers about have a coronary when someone comes up on them. DUH...

Big-Al

Threads
I was using my Dr brush mower wearing ear buds. My oldest son came over to visit. He walked up behind me tapped on my shoulder. I elbowed him right in the mouth busted his lip and loosened his front teeth. I don't wear Em anymore. AL

ffk_pennywise

Threads
I use ear-buds when mowing. I can hear the music clearly, but being buds they still allow plenty of engine and blade noise through. The mower sound is clear enough to hear each component without issue, but dampened enough to not cause hearing damage or block the music.

RaptorSD

Threads
Have 33dbr ear plugs combined with Peltor H10A muffs. The v-twin is still loud enough that my hearing is down after an hour or so in the seat, looking for a better solution, maybe something with better attenuation in the lower register yet still able to hear a voice. I already have some hearing loss playing music, mower is loud.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Music on a Mower? My solution--hearing protection, music, can hear kids talk.

Here's my solution, a set of active hearing protection muffs with stereo audio in port. $40

Works great, I can hear children talk with the mower at max throttle, can hear music too.

And the 4V rechargeable battery pack is light, and works for a long time.

And I use them for shooting too.

--3D

View attachment 22257

OK give name and model number of the muffs. I want a pair.

Kainedogg

Threads
For residential use Pandora on the Galaxy S5 phone with the factory earbuds and mic make cutting 5 acres, tolerable. Select my favorite station, "Bob Marley." and get to mowing. If a call comes in, music stops, I power the mower down, yack it up, then back to the task. My area is fenced, my neighbors have common sense, my wife and daughter have common sense, so no one has suffered as of yet...and the band played on. :wink: