Music on a Mower?

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Its controversial but how many of you enjoy a tune or two while on your ZT? I would also be interested what audio equip. you utilize if you do.Given the relative noise level I have just used foam earplugs so far.:frown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its controversial but how many of you enjoy a tune or two while on your ZT? I would also be interested what audio equip. you utilize if you do.Given the relative noise level I have just used foam earplugs so far.:frown:

Yeah your right it is a controversial subject especially if your running a business. I never listen to music when there's to many other thing to listen for that could be of importance.

zmister11

Threads
I listen to music on the yards that ive done for a while. But my new yards I don't. Kinda weird but I geuss it's so that I pay I more attention and don't forget anything lol

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I like to be able to hear the mower.
And everything else around me.

D

DSepe

I listen to music on my own property. Not when I cut the neighbors though. Don't want them to think I don't care and off in lala land...even if I'm not.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I certainly appreciate commercial folks needing a work focus w/o distractions.I was thinking of the typical week-end warrior if you will....:rolleyes:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

My daughter got me a pair of the Howard Leight Sync earmuffs for Christmas. They don't have the built-in radio(just accommodate a connected MP3 player). I use my iPod Shuffle with them and they work very well too. I cannot hear my ZTR while jammin to my tunes mowing my yard!!! I agree, though, that it's probably not appropriate for a commercial business to use them.

Wildcat

Threads
I wear earbuds that look like earplugs. They cancel noise out even without music playing so that way I still have hearing protection. I don't see anything wrong with those who wear something similar. Besides sometimes you just need some tunes to keep you going.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I certainly appreciate commercial folks needing a work focus w/o distractions.I was thinking of the typical week-end warrior if you will....:rolleyes:

The problem with that is the fact that it always seems to be the typical weekend warrior who ends up running or backing over some child and killing them or they end up losing an arm or leg. That's the reason you need to be able to hear the mower and be aware of everything else around you. You say you appreciate commercial folks needing a work focus w/o distractions, my question is why should the weekend warrior be any different? Anyone who runs machinery of any type needs to be focused.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wear earbuds that look like earplugs. They cancel noise out even without music playing so that way I still have hearing protection. I don't see anything wrong with those who wear something similar. Besides sometimes you just need some tunes to keep you going.
I've found that listening to music makes "anything" go by faster. My exercise of choice is swimming laps at the YMCA. I purchased a device called an X-One that comes with an iPod Shuffle. It fits on the straps of my swim goggles, is completely waterproof and seems to make exercising just fly by(plus I can find a good tune that I can synchronize my swim strokes to). Really makes it more enjoyable than "exercise"!! I was able to use the iPod that came with it for my earmuffs for mowing which worked out great. I lean toward 70's-80's Classic Rock, so I've loaded the iPod up with Steely Dan, Cars and J. Geils Band(all really good "exercise music").