Music on a Mower?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Went and got some sony headphones last night.

Plugged them into my iPhone and cut a yard today.
I take back everything I said. I will now use them doing most yards.

Vanousb

Threads
Totally understand both sides of the conversation...perception for professional commercial cutters and preference for residential mowers.
I and the later of the two. I have an average pair of ear protection with ear buds to mp3 player which I feel I have to turn up a little loud. I would love to have some opinions of other than the 3M Work Tunes, what are some of the best ear protection to cut the mower noise and hear music at a lower level.

Rd05lly

Threads
Totally understand both sides of the conversation...perception for professional commercial cutters and preference for residential mowers.
I and the later of the two. I have an average pair of ear protection with ear buds to mp3 player which I feel I have to turn up a little loud. I would love to have some opinions of other than the 3M Work Tunes, what are some of the best ear protection to cut the mower noise and hear music at a lower level.

You could wear ear buds with muff over the top

Vanousb

Threads
You could wear ear buds with muff over the top

Actually what I do...think my ear muffs are on the cheaper side and do not cut the noise as much as I like. Any suggestions of some really good noise cutters?

D

DSepe

Actually what I do...think my ear muffs are on the cheaper side and do not cut the noise as much as I like. Any suggestions of some really good noise cutters?

I use Stihl earmuffs which cut the noise good enough I can listen at half volume.

D

DSepe

Went and got some sony headphones last night. Plugged them into my iPhone and cut a yard today. I take back everything I said. I will now use them doing most yards.
Yeah nice isn't it? IMO mowing is done with your eyes not ears...like you said earlier. Would I likely hear someone yelling with my ZTR at full throttle and ear muffs on? Doubtful, music or no music the chances of hearing anything outside your mower is slime to none. The only debate here is whether Pros should or shouldn't. I see no problem in what your doing if you know the yards like the back of your hand.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
This has been very interesting discussion!Hoping everyone is obviously making safety a priority. Getting more suggestions as to your equipment,pros and cons/costs could be most useful.My sense is that we could possibly take some of the trial and error out of the process.:thumbsup:

RaptorSD

Threads
My friend got hit by a garbage truck one day out cutting his yard years ago, just so happens that he had a radio bungee corded to the back of his mower. Was still running and driving with the wheels all warped. :laughing:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
My friend got hit by a garbage truck one day out cutting his yard years ago, just so happens that he had a radio bungee corded to the back of his mower. Was still running and driving with the wheels all warped. :laughing:

Either someone needs to talk to that garbage pickup service about driving their trucks in somebody's yard or talk to your friend about the danger of mowing the street:0)

DK35vince

Threads
I have been using headphones and listening to music when I mow my lawn for years.
I work in construction and have to listen to roaring diesel engines all week. I want to listen to music on the weekend when I mow, not the noisy mower.