M-ZT 52 Review

scuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
took delivery of an mz-t52 with the kawasaki motor on Fri. First real cut was yesterday. Holy crap that thing will cut some grass. The only issue I had was after mowing about 15ft, the machine just quit. It would crank up but would not allow me to take the break off or try to move it. After calling the dealer and some troubleshooting, turns out the guys who got it ready for me did not completely connect the seat safety switch. So after bouncing around a bit, it disconnected enough to stop working. It did not appear disconnected though, just had to unplug and replug which is a bit of a pain. Just FYI, keep that in mind.

serelaw

Threads
WOW
Scary. The "What have I got myself into feeling".
After showing it who's boss, begins the long and happy relationship.

scuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
WOW
Scary. The "What have I got myself into feeling".
After showing it who's boss, begins the long and happy relationship.

oh I was ticked... had just traveled 3 hours round trip to pick up the mower and other things. There was no going back up there.

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I am new to this forum actually this is my first post but very well mannered to most lawn mowers. I also bought the mzt 52 with a 26 hp B.S. I have it about a month now and have 8 hrs on this machine. WOW this is a very well made, handling, fun serious mower. I love it and everything about it. I mow my yard and the neighbors field and it doesn't matter if I am full speed or half speed it doesn't skip a beat. I am mowing with the stock blades which just today I took them off since we are getting 3 inches of rain and put the gator blades on. So I am excited to see what that will do compared to the stock. This engine and my other BS engines are superior and very easy to work on when have too. I didn't want to pay to an extra 400 for the kawa just because I have had no issue's with other bs engines. Specially when my simplicity bs 16 hp engine cut the same yard for over 10 yrs at 2.5 hrs a week for 26 wks and have NO ISSUE'S at all. I believe they changed some things about this machine before the 14's came out like the 28 hp sticker now it says 26 hp and the hydro tank is one long tank and not 2 lil tanks. Just what I have noticed so far. The extra wide tires all around have been great for my swamp yard which I have had 5.5 inches of water the other week and I mowed that weekend and didn't even spin. I couldn't have done that with my simp. My neighbor has a gravely zt 60 inch deck and well he seen me mowing and figured he could well he sunk lol. Oh well he is a lil heavier than I am. But anyways for anyone on the titter totter about this mower versus's others just like what I was checking out, gravely, jd, bad boy, hustler mowers I have my opinion chose the best mower for MY needs! I LOVE THIS MOWER AND my wife says I ride it more then you know what. lol oh well hope this helps some. Oh yeah I mow 3hrs before I am out of gas. I believe this is normal. Happy reading. seppie

tom-ky

Threads
Hi all, I am new to this forum actually this is my first post but very well mannered to most lawn mowers. I also bought the mzt 52 with a 26 hp B.S. I have it about a month now and have 8 hrs on this machine. WOW this is a very well made, handling, fun serious mower. I love it and everything about it. I mow my yard and the neighbors field and it doesn't matter if I am full speed or half speed it doesn't skip a beat. I am mowing with the stock blades which just today I took them off since we are getting 3 inches of rain and put the gator blades on. So I am excited to see what that will do compared to the stock. This engine and my other BS engines are superior and very easy to work on when have too. I didn't want to pay to an extra 400 for the kawa just because I have had no issue's with other bs engines. Specially when my simplicity bs 16 hp engine cut the same yard for over 10 yrs at 2.5 hrs a week for 26 wks and have NO ISSUE'S at all. I believe they changed some things about this machine before the 14's came out like the 28 hp sticker now it says 26 hp and the hydro tank is one long tank and not 2 lil tanks. Just what I have noticed so far. The extra wide tires all around have been great for my swamp yard which I have had 5.5 inches of water the other week and I mowed that weekend and didn't even spin. I couldn't have done that with my simp. My neighbor has a gravely zt 60 inch deck and well he seen me mowing and figured he could well he sunk lol. Oh well he is a lil heavier than I am. But anyways for anyone on the titter totter about this mower versus's others just like what I was checking out, gravely, jd, bad boy, hustler mowers I have my opinion chose the best mower for MY needs! I LOVE THIS MOWER AND my wife says I ride it more then you know what. lol oh well hope this helps some. Oh yeah I mow 3hrs before I am out of gas. I believe this is normal. Happy reading. seppie
Which Gator blade did you get? Where did you get them?

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got my gator blades where I bought my machine. That doesn't help you much but I know I over paid for them for a tune of 75 bucks. But it helps the local's that live near me. If you need part numbers i'll have to get your part numbers when I call the dealer.

tom-ky

Threads
I got my gator blades where I bought my machine. That doesn't help you much but I know I over paid for them for a tune of 75 bucks. But it helps the local's that live near me. If you need part numbers i'll have to get your part numbers when I call the dealer.

That is ok, I asked my dealer about them an said no problem to get them. Do you think they do good on the MZT? Sometimes in spots I think mine does not pick the grass up good that the front tire ran over. I would like the smaller clipping size.

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is ok, I asked my dealer about them an said no problem to get them. Do you think they do good on the MZT? Sometimes in spots I think mine does not pick the grass up good that the front tire ran over. I would like the smaller clipping size.

Well It does help but I would talk to dealer about that as I too have that issue and its not on the discharge side. My opinion is keep your blades sharpened every 8 hrs and we should be good to go with the oem's. You can take that how you want but I would take that 75 bucks back and get me 3 cases of yuengling lol.

Seppie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well on these gator blades I have 3 more cuts on these blades and...... I dunno how to keep the deck unclogged running these blades. It clogs my deck up so bad it leaves grass out the back of the deck. Y? Can anyone answer this for me? Maybe its the design of the deck underneath? I don't mow when wet at all and it still just mushes the the grass into the deck corners and just clogs. I am not so happy the more I run these blades. Anyone have info or have the same issue? Thanks seppie

ddbtdd

Threads
My experience with gator blades on my old mower is I bought them on eBay cuz they were Stens and the price was $25.00 for a set of three.
I come to learn Gator blades are made for mulching and if the grass was not dry -as it is rarely- would always clog the deck. Had to wire the shoot open.
I'm much happier with high lift blades.