M-ZT 52 Review

serelaw

Threads
I went ahead and put the G5 985-077 on. Cuts great and no grass coming out the back.
Leaves a nice cut and does not carpet the grass with clippings. I had alot of deck spooge cause the grass was damp. Today I cut and it was drier.
No spooge to speak of. I like them. They did a good job with the little white alfalfa flowers but I had to go slower.
I can take pics if anyone wants to see. North alabama Bermuda/fescue mixed with some others I have not taken the time to identify yet.
They do leave smaller clippings. I read small clippings equal 10 % nitrogen when they decompose in the lawn. Another plus I guess.

tom-ky

Threads
I went ahead and put the G5 985-077 on. Cuts great and no grass coming out the back.
Leaves a nice cut and does not carpet the grass with clippings. I had alot of deck spooge cause the grass was damp. Today I cut and it was drier.
No spooge to speak of. I like them. They did a good job with the little white alfalfa flowers but I had to go slower.
I can take pics if anyone wants to see. North alabama Bermuda/fescue mixed with some others I have not taken the time to identify yet.
They do leave smaller clippings. I read small clippings equal 10 % nitrogen when they decompose in the lawn. Another plus I guess.

Where did you get them?

serelaw

Threads
Where did you get them?

From a local Repair shop named B&B small engine repair.
Anthony listened to me tell him I needed the 985-085.
I received the 595-077 in about a week.

CLICK
You can see the 077 is 3" wide and 160 thick and 1 1/4 lift 17 3/4 long diagonally.
The 085 will work it is 2.50 200 1" 18 .
So either one will work. I cut with the chute open so far.
I will try some chute down today. Just for sag's.

serelaw

Threads
Chute down lays a thin carpet. Back to chute up.
I'm not using the blades as they are supposed to be used. With a Mulch kit.
So I'm not expecting the same experience.
But they do cut smaller clippings and appear to leave a finer and smaller discharge.
With the longer cutting edge over stock and the extra width
for sharpening they seem the better value over stock. I paid 60.00 OTD.
Link for G5 16.33
Link for stock 15.84 ea.
So for a few cents more "Why not".
I'd have to invest in the mulch kit Click Here lol to truly see the difference I guess.

serelaw

Threads
This is from another thread here.
I thought I would put it in the M ZT-52 thread also.

The only difference I can find between the Briggs 28 hp 49L977-0125-G5 28 hp CLICK HERE
and the Briggs 30 hp 49M877-5598-G5 CLICK HERE is the main jet. Part # 117 in the carb.

Part Number #117 Briggs and Stratton 842633 Jet-Main ((Standard)) Your price: $10.55
Unless I missed something. Please let me know if you find anything.
I think I'm going to trade out the jets and see what happens.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Chute down lays a thin carpet. Back to chute up.
I'm not using the blades as they are supposed to be used. With a Mulch kit.
So I'm not expecting the same experience.
But they do cut smaller clippings and appear to leave a finer and smaller discharge.
With the longer cutting edge over stock and the extra width
for sharpening they seem the better value over stock. I paid 60.00 OTD.
Link for G5 16.33
Link for stock 15.84 ea.
So for a few cents more "Why not".
I'd have to invest in the mulch kit Click Here lol to truly see the difference I guess.
I don't know about the mulch kit for the M-ZT 52, but when I installed the Gravely OEM mulch kit on my Pro Turn 100 XDZ, it made a WORLD of difference. The cut with the OEM hi-lift blades was good, but the vacuum baffles and Gravely mulch blades in the kit made the grass clippings "disappear completely"!!

serelaw

Threads
This 2 acre lawn brought the mower to it's knees yesterday.
Highest setting 4.5. Not cut in 2.5 months. I was crying till I figured this lawn
would own most mowers in our class. Thick rich heavy lush lawn was taxing the briggs in the heaviest places.
It was a tough fight but we won a by split decision. had the G-5s on. Open chute. 87 octane no ethanol.
Gotta put the bigger jet in with a K&N filter. This is the guy that did the heads on my bike. I'm thinking why not do the briggs head?

Attachments

• 20140726_182056.jpg
    20140726_182056.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 50
  • 20140726_182101.jpg
    20140726_182101.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140726_182105.jpg
    20140726_182105.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20140726_182109.jpg
    20140726_182109.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20140726_182115.jpg
    20140726_182115.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 33

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
This 2 acre lawn brought the mower to it's knees yesterday.
Highest setting 4.5. Not cut in 2.5 months. I was crying till I figured this lawn
would own most mowers in our class. Thick rich heavy lush lawn was taxing the briggs in the heaviest places.
It was a tough fight but we won a by split decision. had the G-5s on. Open chute. 87 octane no ethanol.
Gotta put the bigger jet in with a K&N filter. This is the guy that did the heads on my bike. I'm thinking why not do the briggs head?

Looks like that lawn should have been cut and baled instead of mowed lol.

BOhio

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info, and please excuse a noob chiming in. We're expecting to join the M-ZT 52 (Kawasaki engine version) owner's club in the near future, i.e. first week of October. Our lawn too might be better baled at that point than cut, but we'll find out, and if necessary, use the L/P 1872 rotary cutter on it first, ha ha.

As to buying online, Mowers4Less was a total fail for us. Sure, we were happy to "save" $700 over the competitors, including the used-car-salesmen-mentality shops local to the area where our farm property is. But $700 is real money, and other significant online purchases had worked out quite well -- including our Kubota tractor.

MFL, aka OPE, aka Salisbury Power Equipment, was keen to take our money, and charged the price in full -- across two credit cards, oddly enough -- 4 weeks ahead of our scheduled "guaranteed" delivery. We flew cross country to the farm specifically to take delivery of the mower and tractor. MFL didn't keep in touch during the 4 week interval unless I called or emailed them first. Nor did they call as the delivery date approached. On arrival the day before the 2-day "guaranteed" interval, I contacted them (again). And the next two days came and went, and no mower, just excuses. A complete waste of time, and way too much hassle and pleading from their incompetent and moronic shipping partner (DSL). They offered to pay one of my relatives in the area to meet the delivery later. Then never called him.

Luckily, my relative (cousin Gary) happens to be connected with a local shop who is a Husqvarna vendor, and who will order up the mower and some other Huskqvarna power tools for us at a price as good as MFL. And, they will deliver them to our place when we want, lest they incur Gary's wrath in person. (He's already called to tell us the stuff is in their warehouse, and he'll deliver it personally during our next trip.) This shop was so far outside the area, and doesn't advertise, that we had no idea they existed. Love a happy ending -- which maybe I've jinxed by spouting off before we actually get the stuff, but fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

oleblu72

Threads
Ya gotta love some of these guys BOhio. I almost bought one off of MFL But I found a local dealer that would sell the MZT for the same price.But I hope their service is better than their bedside manner because unless I'm hurting I won't be buying my parts off them their parts guy was a total douche and my salesman was kind of a dud.

Mark