M-ZT 52 Review

Arnezie

Threads
Wow where are you guys finding the MZT52 for under 5,000??? Cheapest I can find on the internet is 5,500 and local they are 5700

tom-ky

Threads
Wow where are you guys finding the MZT52 for under 5,000??? Cheapest I can find on the internet is 5,500 and local they are 5700

I bought a left over 2013 for $4850 the end of February, MSRP was $5499.

edd

Threads
local dealer here is offering mzt 52 ,weedeater and backpack blower for 5383 plus tax

Arnezie

Threads
local dealer here is offering mzt 52 ,weedeater and backpack blower for 5383 plus tax
I'd be all over that if it was near me.

Ok I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2014 MZT52 with the kawasaki for $5,500 shipped from N Carolina to Michigan, Now for the waiting ...........

Last edited:

serelaw

Threads
Wow a 2014... The first year of Kawasaki in the MZ series.

YaHoooo. Pictures when You get it ya know...lol

edd

Threads
i am considering buying the mx t 52......i use a super duty on small yards...at 7 mph it still does good ...i use a 60 diablo on large open places for the speed ........the mzt at 10 mph would be perfect for medium sized yards and the weight is good....the diablo is 1500 pounds and the caution you have to use negates the speed on some properties.....my dealer says that speed for cutting does not make that big of a difference but i know different....diablo has cut my time by half on large open property.....does the mzt go the full 10 mph that is advertised.......anybody gone from a 7-8 mph mower to the mzt?....can you tell a difference?

edd

Threads
looked at the mz t 52 at dealer yesterday.......i like the look and the package deal price of 5400 for mower ,backpack blower and weedeater......dealer didnt seem too high on them....said the deck wont cut bahaia well.......i like the looks of the briggs commercial turf engine with cyclonic filter ....anybody cut bahaia with these.?.....looks a lot like my big dog and fastrak decks......dealer is high on the x-1 with vx4 deck.....

RatRacer

Threads
looked at the mz t 52 at dealer yesterday.......i like the look and the package deal price of 5400 for mower ,backpack blower and weedeater......dealer didnt seem too high on them....said the deck wont cut bahaia well.......i like the looks of the briggs commercial turf engine with cyclonic filter ....anybody cut bahaia with these.?.....looks a lot like my big dog and fastrak decks......dealer is high on the x-1 with vx4 deck.....

If you have the choice, I'd opt for the kawi version over the b&s + deal sweeteners. The kawi torque makes a big difference, and if they had offered it when I bought mine, I would have ponied up for it. The b&s bogs some in my thicker foritam grass that the big dog didn't as so much as change engine pitch.
As far as 10mph, unless the yard is perfectly flat, I only use the speed to get from point A to point B. Everytime I tried it, I was going back over the cut, due to a mole tunnel or fire ant mound getting me airbourne to leave a high spot.

serelaw

Threads
This is not directed to anyone in particular.
Certainly not anyone on this forum. Just my own thoughts about buying stuff in general.
I'm not buying into the "Kowie" has more torque than anything else thing.
Info is hard for me to find on the net also. Seems to be a national secret.
Manufacturers don't want us to know how they determine I guess.
I find it hard to believe that a 691 cc kowie can have more torq than a 810 cc B&S.
Another thing. Steering dampers, cabling,wiring, blades, seats, batteries, tires, steel,
nuts, bolts, paint, grease, air, welding rod, wire rod, air filters, oil, hydros and most else
come from the same 3rd party venders.
I looked at a comparable exmark,gravely,snapper,toro the other day. more money for less hydro, legroom, and tire size.
One or two may have a gas gauge 5" deep deck compare to 4" and it was red instead of orange.
Side mounting deck pin height adjustment instead of top mounted. 1.5x3" frame vs 2x3" frame, aluminum spindles vs cast iron.
and they want 2000.00 more? GTFO. Unibody frame like the snapper/exmark now has.
Some people think this is a weaker not stronger platform. Made for cost savings. Well sure it is.
I do not need a 7 ga deck or dual tanks. I do like easy remote oil drain, oil filter placement and canister air filter.
I do like floating deck, leg room foldable rops and 3400 hydros. I like large fat tires for my damp property demands.
The average home user like me and most of us are looking for the most features and benefits and wants and needs
more so than name recognition and snobby be the coolest kid on the block name brands.
I will take a greasable spindle and axle over a gas gauge any day. And warranty, please.
How are these warranties any different than the ones for cars or bikes?
They say a lot, but most anything that breaks for me is not covered anyway. Ok, so I ranted a little.
At the end of the day research will get the best deal and put the biggest smile on your face.

I am going to video cutting some Bahiagrass as soon as I can find some. And as soon as I figure out what it is.
Northern Alabama gotta have some some where.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is not directed to anyone in particular.
Certainly not anyone on this forum. Just my own thoughts about buying stuff in general.
I'm not buying into the "Kowie" has more torque than anything else thing.
Info is hard for me to find on the net also. Seems to be a national secret.
Manufacturers don't want us to know how they determine I guess.
I find it hard to believe that a 691 cc kowie can have more torq than a 810 cc B&S.
Another thing. Steering dampers, cabling,wiring, blades, seats, batteries, tires, steel,
nuts, bolts, paint, grease, air, welding rod, wire rod, air filters, oil, hydros and most else
come from the same 3rd party venders.
I looked at a comparable exmark,gravely,snapper,toro the other day. more money for less hydro, legroom, and tire size.
One or two may have a gas gauge 5" deep deck compare to 4" and it was red instead of orange.
Side mounting deck pin height adjustment instead of top mounted. 1.5x3" frame vs 2x3" frame, aluminum spindles vs cast iron.
and they want 2000.00 more? GTFO. Unibody frame like the snapper/exmark now has.
Some people think this is a weaker not stronger platform. Made for cost savings. Well sure it is.
I do not need a 7 ga deck or dual tanks. I do like easy remote oil drain, oil filter placement and canister air filter.
I do like floating deck, leg room foldable rops and 3400 hydros. I like large fat tires for my damp property demands.
The average home user like me and most of us are looking for the most features and benefits and wants and needs
more so than name recognition and snobby be the coolest kid on the block name brands.
I will take a greasable spindle and axle over a gas gauge any day. And warranty, please.
How are these warranties any different than the ones for cars or bikes?
They say a lot, but most anything that breaks for me is not covered anyway. Ok, so I ranted a little.
At the end of the day research will get the best deal and put the biggest smile on your face.

I am going to video cutting some Bahiagrass as soon as I can find some. And as soon as I figure out what it is.
Northern Alabama gotta have some some where.

Check the links.

403 Request Blocked

Your 810cc Briggs has 30 ft.lbs of torque.

FS691V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products

The 691 your referring to is a model which is 726cc / 23hp and has 39.9 ft.lbs of torque.