First generation Camaro

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never really understood the use of having a 500 plus hp car that wll go 155 mph when the speed limit is 70 mph. What is the purpose of paying a huge premium for hp you cannot use? My Lesabre has 205 hp and is plenty fast enough to break the speed limit anywhere. My wifes Saturn has a 3 liter V6 and it is WAY overpowered, it will run a 15 second, 91 mph quarter mile pure stock. Most cars sold today are the same-too much power.

:laughing: The short answer is that it's fun -- even if that means being naughty sometimes. :laughing:

My 1969 Alfa Romeo Spider that I mentioned (1.8 liter, four cylinder) got pretty good mileage and had a top speed of 120. It was also much more fun to drive than any "muscle car", IMO.

Black Bart

Threads
I have never really understood the use of having a 500 plus hp car that wll go 155 mph when the speed limit is 70 mph. What is the purpose of paying a huge premium for hp you cannot use? My Lesabre has 205 hp and is plenty fast enough to break the speed limit anywhere. My wifes Saturn has a 3 liter V6 and it is WAY overpowered, it will run a 15 second, 91 mph quarter mile pure stock. Most cars sold today are the same-too much power.

For a real gear-head no explanation needed all other no explanation is possible.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

For a real gear-head no explanation needed all other no explanation is possible.

Back in '71 I had a Boss 351 Mustang, liked the car but I was only 20 years old then. I think the majority of hot rod car owners are basically people who regret outgrowing their cowboy suits....:laughing::laughing:

jamesslcx

Threads
For most people their vehicle seems to be a way to show their manhood, you ever notice some of the shortest people drive the biggest trucks? Same way with horsepower, not trying to offend anyone but as long as I have at least 130 hp and good gas mileage I am happy.:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
For most people their vehicle seems to be a way to show their manhood, you ever notice some of the shortest people drive the biggest trucks? Same way with horsepower, not trying to offend anyone but as long as I have at least 130 hp and good gas mileage I am happy.:smile:

Define "shortest" as applied to people....:laughing::laughing:

LandN

Threads

HI jd, there are 2 different kinds of a 500 hp car...imo...the one you can buy at the store,that anyone with the money can buy....then there is the 500 +/- hp car in which the owner built it with his knowledge,talent,coordination,desire,ambition,blood sweat and tears and is able to drive it safetly down the road side by side with any corporate brand supercar and be proud of what he/she done.:biggrin: what you do with all that power on the street is another story.there will always be competitiveness in us all whether it be mowers, trimmers, cars, trucks, baseball, football, etc,etc.

Black Bart

Threads
Back in '71 I had a Boss 351 Mustang, liked the car but I was only 20 years old then. I think the majority of hot rod car owners are basically people who regret outgrowing their cowboy suits....:laughing::laughing:

Not sure I know what you mean by that statement but I been driving highly modified cars for 60 years and never owned a cowboy suit.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
60 years driving makes you 76 years old now !!

jamesslcx

Threads
With a name like Black Bart I see you in a cowboy suit and hat with two sixguns on each hip....ha ha sorry I guess I used to watch too many Western movies!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
With a name like Black Bart I see you in a cowboy suit and hat with two sixguns on each hip....ha ha sorry I guess I used to watch too many Western movies!

FINALLY, somebody caught onto my joke.....THANKS !!!!!! :laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing: :thumbsup: