Echo was working but suddenly no more

woodstover

Threads
This is great. Can you please post something similar for Walbro carbs? I has all the relevant info including T settings and RPMs. I have both Zama and Walbro carbs and a general chart like this would be great rather than seating H L and then backing out 1/4 turn at a time! I've looked and have not found Walbro or Zama publish along with there docs a generic by carb type of the above. I realize each application may differ settings slightly, however a better staring point would be better on my arm. :)
If you go back to message #9 you will see that Rivets has posted links to Walbro carb info, can't remember if there was Zama stuff there also.

oldlawnguy

Threads
If you go back to message #9 you will see that Rivets has posted links to Walbro carb info, can't remember if there was Zama stuff there also.
Yes downloaded all the great info on both Walbro and Zama carbs. However the chart info is not there. With no chart (unless you are a pro) a DYIer usually will :

1. Seat H L and turn out T
2. Turn out L in 1/4 turn until she starts and idles at suggested RPM range turning in T
3. Turn out H to get to 4 stroking and RPM WOT range then turn in slightly (not too rich, rich better than lean)
4. Fine tune with H L and T (you touch one you probably have to tweak the others, rinse and repeat)

As a DYIer the challenge is not having a chart with H L T settings AND idle WOT RPMs. A pro can do in their sleep given they have tuned 1000s of 2 cycle carbs and I've been trial and error on like only 10 2-cycle carbs. The range on H L settings across Walbro and Zama carbs is wide when you take in account pre-EPA and EPA carbs.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has he removed the muffler and looked at the piston yet?

mmoffitt

Threads
Sir ,Thank you for all those great links PLENTY of good reading there! Be well and Happy Easter!
Jootjun, you need every piece of help you can get, so as a retired instructor, I’m going to provide you with all the info I’d give to my students so they will understand the theory on how a carburetor works. After you read and hopefully understand this material, you will then be in a position to start putting this theory into practice. Until that time you can make assumptions and point out what I do in may spare time, but make sure you can back up your statements. If you can’t back up your statements, you are just the new kid in my class trying to prove what you don’t know. Happy reading. Star, I desperately need that part number.

se great

Etbrown44

Threads
Two weeks in a row, it seems that some posters asking a question are being abused and berated. It's totally uncalled for even if the poster has said or done something unwise. Can't we give help and advice without criticizing?

First thing I'd try is to clean that plug or try a new one. In a dimly lit room you should see a blue spark with the spark wire attached and the plug removed while pulling the rope.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This guy won’t learn and he won’t even try to read and learn. If that’s what he does he’ll get grief from me. Plus others will learn what not to do.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This is great. Can you please post something similar for Walbro carbs? I has all the relevant info including T settings and RPMs. I have both Zama and Walbro carbs and a general chart like this would be great rather than seating H L and then backing out 1/4 turn at a time! I've looked and have not found Walbro or Zama publish along with there docs a generic by carb type of the above. I realize each application may differ settings slightly, however a better staring point would be better on my arm. :)
Tuning specs are different base on the model and serial number of each Echo machine and I can't post the whole document as it is a dealer only restricted document. I only got it thru a backdoor access from a fellow Echo dealer that just retired so I am even losing that access to new documents; unless, I find a new source. My last Echo NA carb tuning guide is date Jan 2019 so I need to see Ray has anything newer in his library.

oldlawnguy

Threads
This guy won’t learn and he won’t even try to read and learn. If that’s what he does he’ll get grief from me. Plus others will learn what not to do.
Much better to READ what "not to do" than have actually having done it! If you are a DIYer and know it all, then you should expect grief from the pros on this site if you cannot do the 3 L's - learn, listen and list (serial # and model #)

oldlawnguy

Threads
Tuning specs are different base on the model and serial number of each Echo machine and I can't post the whole document as it is a dealer only restricted document. I only got it thru a backdoor access from a fellow Echo dealer that just retired so I am even losing that access to new documents; unless, I find a new source. My last Echo NA carb tuning guide is date Jan 2019 so I need to see Ray has anything newer in his library.
Thanks Star! Understood that dealer restricted info is hard to access for DIYers. Figured I'd ask anyway for a ballpark range by carb type Walbro and Zama. (y)

Gescha

Threads
The mixture are EPA plugged for a reason. It is to keep untrained people from adjusting them. Echo does provide the Echo techs with a tune up procedure chart.

But as said first your make the muffler spark arrester is clean. Then you the carb for stiffen metering diaphragm and you tune per the tune up chart using a tach.

Can't even provide the stripped down chart from without the model and serial numbers of the unit you have. But I suspect you have a Zama RB rotary carb and that adjust by the primer is not a mixture screw but also a metering jet too.
Ok.....lets all calm down......I've been doing this type work for 40+ years.
I don't need a model number to tell you it would easiest just to get a kit and rebuild the carb. Just be careful when turning those adjusting screws because that also changes the amount of lubrication your engine gets. We don't want to harm it.
If you were across the street I'd do it for you. And even though it calls for a 50:1 mix. Go to 40:1 it will last a lot longer getting a bit more oil. May smoke a little more.....but I like things to last as long as possible.
Turn both screws all the way in....not too tight. Open both 1and a half turns. Clean off that plug and make sure you have fire. See if it will start.
Tell me where all of this fuel you speak of is leaking from.
Keep in mind you don't need to adjust much. Just don't screw in those adjusting screws much.....you will starve it of oil.
That other responder must have had a bad night.lol. Remember 1and a half turns out from turned in to touching bottom is a starting point.
And I'm assuming you have the carb with 2 adjusting screws.