Echo was working but suddenly no more

juntjoo

Threads
I've got fuel(too much? seems leaking everywhere) and spark.

Was working decent before after struggling with rear adjustment screw under primer, now suddenly it won't start.

Tried with and without choke, with cover off.
Seems to have compression as always.
Tried with adjustment screw turned fully in both directions.
Not sure if that would matter just starting it.

20240316_152638.jpgAny ideas? Could my fuel mixture be roo rich in oil or off somehow? it's maybe a couple months prepared.
20240316_152700.jpg20240316_152808.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m seeing one thing you are doing wrong in your pictures. With that much oil on the plug and cylinder you do not have the correct fuel/oil mixture. Echo uses a 50/1 mixture. Second, you have been around this forum since 2017 and have started multiple threads. You should know by now that the techs on this site need model and serial numbers, before we can give you help. Third, in reading other threads you have posted in, you like to make assumptions and jump to conclusions which most times are wrong. AKA, your thread on carbs. Four, turning screws on carbs, especially if you don‘t know their function, can get you in trouble very fast. If it was working fine why would you start playing with any screws? That being said, let’s back up and give us the model and serial numbers, then we can try to figure this out.

juntjoo

Threads
I’m seeing one thing you are doing wrong in your pictures. With that much oil on the plug and cylinder you do not have the correct fuel/oil mixture. Echo uses a 50/1 mixture. Second, you have been around this forum since 2017 and have started multiple threads. You should know by now that the techs on this site need model and serial numbers, before we can give you help. Third, in reading other threads you have posted in, you like to make assumptions and jump to conclusions which most times are wrong. AKA, your thread on carbs. Four, turning screws on carbs, especially if you don‘t know their function, can get you in trouble very fast. If it was working fine why would you start playing with any screws? That being said, let’s back up and give us the model and serial numbers, then we can try to figure this out.
Don't scold me son! What do you mean I'm going to "get in trouble"? And that I shouldn't "assume" anything? If you have a brain you make assumptions. You saying I'm not allowed to as stupid as I am lol? The nerve! Chill with your judgement pops you ain't th e boss of me. And how did you figure out I put too much oil if I didn't give you the essential serial numbers? Did I assume again I was dealing with a general concept here? Oops! You don't need a model number, you need someone to respect you.

juntjoo

Threads
And I looked through your threads and see you cheating on your wife. What the...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seeing that I’m north of 70, and your son, that would make you 90+. You Made another assumption, that I’m married. I’m going to hit ignore, as you need more help than I or any of the other techs here can give you. From my 50+ years of experience, seeing that much oil on the plug and head, tells me you have an oil leak. Seeing it is a 2-cycle engine, the only possible source is mixture. Good luck in your search Dad, you’re going to need it. If my assumption from your post is wrong, I’m not your son, then you need to grow up.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what i'm seeing on the spark plug you may want to consider taking a look at the spark arrestor screen . It could need cleaning .

There's videos on the procedure .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be several things.
First of all, we don’t even know what Echo model and serial number you have. We don’t even know how old it is.
There is fuel mixture is all over the top of the engine.
There doesn’t look like very much maintenance has been done to it.
The fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel tank grommet, and primer bulb has probably never been changed. The air filter probably needs attention. The spark arrestor has probably never been cleaned. The gaskets on both sides of the intake manifold block could need replacement.
Are you even getting a spark?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The mixture are EPA plugged for a reason. It is to keep untrained people from adjusting them. Echo does provide the Echo techs with a tune up procedure chart.

But as said first your make the muffler spark arrester is clean. Then you the carb for stiffen metering diaphragm and you tune per the tune up chart using a tach.

Can't even provide the stripped down chart from without the model and serial numbers of the unit you have. But I suspect you have a Zama RB rotary carb and that adjust by the primer is not a mixture screw but also a metering jet too.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jootjun, you need every piece of help you can get, so as a retired instructor, I’m going to provide you with all the info I’d give to my students so they will understand the theory on how a carburetor works. After you read and hopefully understand this material, you will then be in a position to start putting this theory into practice. Until that time you can make assumptions and point out what I do in may spare time, but make sure you can back up your statements. If you can’t back up your statements, you are just the new kid in my class trying to prove what you don’t know. Happy reading. Star, I desperately need that part number.

woodstover

Threads
Jootjun, you need every piece of help you can get, so as a retired instructor, I’m going to provide you with all the info I’d give to my students so they will understand the theory on how a carburetor works. After you read and hopefully understand this material, you will then be in a position to start putting this theory into practice. Until that time you can make assumptions and point out what I do in may spare time, but make sure you can back up your statements. If you can’t back up your statements, you are just the new kid in my class trying to prove what you don’t know. Happy reading. Star, I desperately need that part number.

Awesome reference reading Rivets! Keeping all those PDF's for future reference. I normally only piddle around with 4 strokes but I always need refresher on the 2 stroke carbs. Thanks!