Cub Cadet with Briggs and Stratton motor

garry6913

Threads
Pull the flywheel key. Make sure the key and keyway where the key sits, both are PERFECT in all dimensions. Obviously the keyway and flywheel are perfectly inline.
I. I'll let you know afterwards what happened with it

srwa

Threads
Well, this is my long,sad,sordid tale of woe, probably bring a tear to a pawn broker's eye.

Pulled the sump(oil pan) off the engine. What a mess, where # 9 bolt hole is sump is split. Exhaust push rod is in many pieces, several teeth off the camshaft & crankshaft gears, end of the camshaft gear, where the oil "piece" goes in is split/broken. Part of the sump where the oil pump is, is broken off.

"Apparently" the last time I started the engine and ran the tractor, it slipped time, big time.

Am I missing something??

Forest#2

Threads
srwa:
I just now noticed that you are not the Original Posted (OP) that started this thread. Appears you need to find a short block and then start your own post.
Not user friendly staying on the same page with two posters in same thread 7 pages long.

gary6913: (was the OP)

srwa

Threads
U are absolutely correct, mucho apologies to the thread starter, and Adios

garry6913

Threads
Dumb question what would happen if the oil pressure wire and fuel solenoid wire gets crossed

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dumb question what would happen if the oil pressure wire and fuel solenoid wire gets crossed
Or another question, how did they reach to possibly get crossed up? Must be close neighbors.

garry6913

Threads
Now share it with the group. Might help someone else out.

Glad to hear you got her lined out.
Oh the mower still runs like crap. In wiring the motor when I changed it I used the Kohler sv600 motor wire. Only thing is the color wires and swapped from what they should be. On the Kohler the fuel solenoid is a white wire and oil switch is green. Should be fuel solenoid green and oil white.

garry6913

Threads
Oh the mower still runs like crap. In wiring the motor when I changed it I used the Kohler sv600 motor wire. Only thing is the color wires and swapped from what they should be. On the Kohler the fuel solenoid is a white wire and oil switch is green. Should be fuel solenoid green and oil white.
I do have a few things going through my head though.

1. After I put the carb back on, it ran for a few minutes I was even able to move it. Had no power at all. So next morning I checked the valves and they were tight with no play so I adjusted them. Tried to run and in starting it I ended up with a small fire coming out of carb.

2. I am wondering if both coils (ignition modules) are firing. I have checked for spark and both have spark. My thought is if one is intermittent. When I pulled the plugs to adjust the valves I cleaned them and regapped them. The drivers side plug was almost closed. Now when I put it in the first time I gapped it right (not my first rodeo). After trying to start it yesterday I pulled the plugs again and passenger side was carboned up and drivers didn't even look like it fired.