Cub Cadet with Briggs and Stratton motor

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The valve can also move when pushing the feeler gauge in.
If this is true, you are jamming the feeler gauge in way too tightly.

The drag should be like pulling a piece of paper out of a small book. That's the drag you are looking for when gapping valves. Just a SLIGHT drag is all you need.

Easy way is one valve fully open, SET the other valve lash for that cylinder. Rotate engine around and do the same for the other valve. Set gap with valve on the heel of the cam. NOT the lifting lobe side which is called the toe.

garry6913

Threads
So as a update I adjusted the valves to intake 4 thousandths and exhaust to 6 thousandths. Noticed there was no spark. Checked key again replaced it. Tried to start and still no spark. Disconnected the kill wires . Fired right up and ran beautiful. No backfire, no popping nothing. I believe my problem was a bad ignition switch. My next issue is the main belt. 1 of 2 things happened. The motor moved in a bit and caused the belt to be a little big. The other I forgot to put a guide back in place. I'll figure that out even if I have to buy a smaller belt. Only issue I have is no power on hills. I think that is because of the belt.