Cub Cadet with Briggs and Stratton motor

Forest#2

Threads
Back to basics.

Fuel, ignition (at the right time), compression

garry6913

Threads
Adjusted valves again as they were tight. Clean the spark plugs again. Tried to start it and had lots of backfire through the carb. Even had flames at one time. I tried to check compression but my compression gauge is off. Left Bank was about 180 and the right bank was about 210. I gotta get another one as this one is from the early 90's and not sure how reliable it is anymore. The right bank spark plug was loaded with carbon. Left Bank had none. Push rods are straight and good as well forgot to mention that.

garry6913

Threads
Flywheel key or cam issue.
Even though it ran last night for a few minutes. Had no power and died as I was trying to give it gas to move back to where I had it

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even though it ran last night for a few minutes. Had no power and died as I was trying to give it gas to move back to where I had it
Backfiring through either carb or muffler is either late or early ignition timing or some cam/valve issue.

It ran but poorly and down on power.

garry6913

Threads
Backfiring through either carb or muffler is either late or early ignition timing or some cam/valve issue.

It ran but poorly and down on power.
Gotcha

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pull the flywheel key. Make sure the key and keyway where the key sits, both are PERFECT in all dimensions. Obviously the keyway and flywheel are perfectly inline.