Cub Cadet with Briggs and Stratton motor

Forest#2

Threads
srwa says:
Well, I'M a practicing brain surgeon & professional solitare player. Thought I'd "branch" out into another profession. U know, something to fall back on.

Falling back on Briggs as another profession.

Practicing brain surgeon. I'll remember that one next time I'm opening up a Briggs for surgery.

Good luck to ya. Hang tough. At least we can get parts for them Briggs for now if we can afford them. Briggs seems to be headed same direction as Tecumseh.
May have to keep practicing for the Pro Solitare Tournaments.

Keep us informed as to what you find.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is heading for an 11 page posting.

Good advice offered and none taken to resolve the issue.

srwa

Threads
Had breakfast on top of the block this morning,its that clean.

Forest#2

Threads

Yep, I've had carbs so clean that I could eat meals out of their bowls and they still would not work correctly.
But clean is a good thing.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep it that way. It's a yearly maintenance item in your engine manual.

TobyU

Threads
Yep, I've had carbs so clean that I could eat meals out of their bowls and they still would not work correctly.
But clean is a good thing.
Must be from some of my customers who say they "cleaned out the carburetor" but yet it' still won't run.
Then, I clean out the carburetor, at least the important parts that need to be cleaned and guess what...it runs perfectly.

garry6913

Threads
Well put the mower back together today and charged the battery. Got it to run for a couple of minutes then died out again. I was able to back it up and move it forward before it died. Had no power at all. I'm thinking tomorrow I am gonna recheck my valve gap. I it's supposed to be between 4-6. I set them last time to 5 pretty much using the go/no go method. 5 slide in and 6 doesn't. Any suggestions

Forest#2

Threads
Well put the mower back together today and charged the battery. Got it to run for a couple of minutes then died out again. I was able to back it up and move it forward before it died. Had no power at all. I'm thinking tomorrow I am gonna recheck my valve gap. I it's supposed to be between 4-6. I set them last time to 5 pretty much using the go/no go method. 5 slide in and 6 doesn't. Any suggestions
You asked:
Any suggestions

Wondering if you torqued the flywheel nut properly.