Craftsman LT2000 -> Does not Start... Help Needed.

Stack223

Threads
Also did the small unplug of the coil. No spark that way either.

rhkraft

Threads
I noticed you got gasoline to the carb, but is the carb clean? Try to start with starter fluid, just a spritz, if it fires, clean the carb. Nine times out of ten that is why an engine won't run. Could check for spark. Fixing that is another issue. If the starter tries to turn the engine, but can't. That's a valve adjustment problem.

Stack223

Threads
I noticed you got gasoline to the carb, but is the carb clean? Try to start with starter fluid, just a spritz, if it fires, clean the carb. Nine times out of ten that is why an engine won't run. Could check for spark. Fixing that is another issue. If the starter tries to turn the engine, but can't. That's a valve adjustment problem.
I actually don’t know anything about starter fluid.

The carb was amazingly clean on the inside. Super crazy clean to the max.

The starter spins the center of the engine round and round very nicely. There is no spark from the spark plug. Tried three of them and broke a fourth by dropping it. No sparks.

Stack223

Threads
looked up where to spray starter fluid. I could try that tomorrow. But don’t see how it would solve not having a spark from the spark plug. Don’t understand.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have no spark the suggestion of spraying starter fluid in is worthless. Don’t waste you money or efforts. I wish people would read the entire thread before throwing out answers like that, as they are wasting your time and $$$$$.

jviews12

Threads
If you overfill with NEW OIL, and drain some out, the oil is REUSABLE. Don't overfill, and if you do, save it for next time. Also, do it more than every 4 years. Your 2012 mower is better than what you can buy today, so be good to it.

Stack223

Threads
Mower now starts! However it shoots white smoke out of the area underneath the heat shield on the front. Takes less than a minute for the smoke. I think maybe it’s low on oil this time and not over?

Stack223

Threads
I think the oil is low. The owners manual is extremely little help there as it says it could be 20 ounces, it could be 40 ounces. I think it’s 40.

The dip stick wants me to read it when it’s hot which is kind of hard to do when it smokes.

Stack223

Threads
That part - lower front - under the heat shield smokes. I’m not sure what exactly it does. I’m also not sure if the smoke is just spilled oil burning off the outside or if it is interior related.

I am worried that I may have over tightened the rocker arm or something.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1

Stack223

Threads
I think we broke it. No longer starts.

The engine kind of knocks now and then stops trying. Nevermind. Spark plug came unplugged.

Last edited: