Craftsman LT2000 -> Does not Start... Help Needed.

Stack223

Threads
The mower is now leaking gas out the side of the carb. Doh.

Stack223

Threads
I fixed the fuel leak and cleaned the spark plug. The mower still does not start. I tried cranking it with the rocker cover off and noticed oil coming out of the front. I don't think that's supposed to happen? I still think the problem may be too much oil remaining in the mower even though the oil level reads as normal.

Attachments

• IMG_2936.jpg
    IMG_2936.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11

Stack223

Threads
Just that top rocker is the exhaust and lower one is the intake. Cross flow head design.
I believe both of these should be set to 0.005. The top rocker I can fit 0.009 into. The bottom one is good at 0.005.

Could that difference on the top one legit be the problem?

Stack223

Threads
The rocker adjustment was a lot of fun and I did learn some stuff. But it did NOT fix the problem. All I can think of now is maybe drain the oil and start over?

Stack223

Threads
I'm going to go buy some new gas, another new spark plug and get the battery charged back up. But at this point I'm grasping at straws. If anyone knows how to start a mower, now would be a good time :)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to figure out whether you have a fuel or spark problem. You need to purchase a can of carb cleaner and/or an inline spark tester. Both can be purchased at an auto parts store. Insert the spark tester into the plug connector and check to see if you have spark. If you have spark, remove the air cleaner and spray some cleaner into the air horn. Let us know what happens and we can go from there.

Stack223

Threads
You need to figure out whether you have a fuel or spark problem. You need to purchase a can of carb cleaner and/or an inline spark tester. Both can be purchased at an auto parts store. Insert the spark tester into the plug connector and check to see if you have spark. If you have spark, remove the air cleaner and spray some cleaner into the air horn. Let us know what happens and we can go from there.
I did the carb cleaner already. The air horn is free and clear. I’ll look for a spark tester. I’m headed to autozone here soon.

Stack223

Threads
Okay have the battery all charged up, new spark plug, new gasoline and an inline tester. Will report again soon.

Stack223

Threads
We are getting zero light on that in line tester. I guess that means the spark plug does not fire. I feel like replacing the spark plug isn’t the anwser. So what do we do?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unplug the kill wire from the coil and check for spark again. If no them take the coil off and clean the mounting areas on the coil and engine block. Have heard this all my life but only got it to work one time. But worth the try.