Briggs and Stratton no oil change

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
As an accessory Briggs will offer a mobile grass spray. This is a version of the hose seen on TV which sprays green solution as a solution to bare spots. Mow and shoot. The grass will grow upside down too. All spin offs to the apps developed which soon will tend to bathroom functions. Like the man says we are "trending" to a new species with two brains-one shrinking in our skulls and the other growing on our wrists. :confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That could not be more accurate! Well said. This never needing an oil change thing is either some sort of early April fools joke or just another way Briggs is sinking another nail into their coffin. Not ever needing to change your oil is the most absurd and ridiculous thing I've read on the internet in a long time. People talk about JohnQ Public not ever changing their oil or other basic maintenance, but I never met anyone that oblivious and that stupid in my life. Maybe I don't get out much.

I don't know what you did for a living. What I did was mechanic work. Now what a mechanic dose is repair broken equipment. This could be the reason I see mowers that people don't do any maintenance or change oil??? I see it more in the females and office workers. I would never call them oblivious or stupid. They know a lot more in what they do for a living then I would and I know how to repair their equipment. This also helps pay my bills so bring then on and lets get this no oil change mower going.

highlift60

Threads
I don't know what you did for a living. What I did was mechanic work. Now what a mechanic dose is repair broken equipment. This could be the reason I see mowers that people don't do any maintenance or change oil??? I see it more in the females and office workers. I would never call them oblivious or stupid. They know a lot more in what they do for a living then I would and I know how to repair their equipment. This also helps pay my bills so bring then on and lets get this no oil change mower going.

Sorry, but such a "smart" person (or female office worker according to you; nice sexism) should have half a brain to read an owner's manual. Even a casual glance. Glad taking advantage of ignorant people is helping you pay your bills. I stand by oblivious and stupid statement.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Highlift you need to get out more! Every year we'll get a half dozen units in with very little or no oil in them. One or two of them will want their engine placed under warranty. I have seen $100 mowers and $1000 generators where the customer didn't even check to see if it came with oil. One customer thought that the bottle of oil which came with his new unit was for the first oil change. I'm willing to bet that 50% of our customers, who buy a new unit from us, never look at the owners manual. Having worked in the repair business for over 40 years, I know that I'm not going to go hunger anytime soon, no matter how bulletproof they make the engines. There wil always be people who will find a way to share their money with me. The only thing that scares me is that, someone will raise the Tecumseh SnowKing engine from the dead. I think that it is an engine that just could run forever with out an oil change and very, very, very little maintenance.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry, but such a "smart" person (or female office worker according to you; nice sexism) should have half a brain to read an owner's manual. Even a casual glance. Glad taking advantage of ignorant people is helping you pay your bills. I stand by oblivious and stupid statement.

So how am I taking advantage of someone because they bring a repair job to me. I should work for free or should I go to their home and check the oil before they use it?? Just because you call other people names I guess I don't have to. I can see you are very aggressive so I will try to keep my distance from you.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think that's smart and the smartest thing you've said. Nice job trying to turn this around on me but you failed.

I'm not very smart, never clamed to be and if that matters, not afraid of you if that is what you want. Yes you are the WINNER so I will just hang my head in shame. You won A## of the week.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Read an owners manual, with all that vitally important stuff on Twitter & Farce Book to get through do you think I am an idiot.
I know how it works I put gas in the big hole, oil in the small one pull the cord/ press the button & mow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a university degree , 4 post graduate diplomas and fix mowers now for a living and am happy to do so.

Now I spend a lot of time with my customers which is why I have a lot of customers .
Some are functionally illeterate so I have taken the time to show them how to use their equipment properly and clean & maintain them.
The stuff they have is totally wrong for the work thay are doing and it was the brand name mower shop that ripped them off, flogging them $ 35,000 worth of gear that they did not need to maintain pensioners yards in residential suburbs on terms that they can not afford to repay.

As for office workers, almost every one who is a manager has a fundamental ego problem with reading instructions.
They are a manager, they control multi million dollar budgets or run big offices so how hard can it be to run a lawnmower.

Any idea how many batteries I sell because these "smart" people run their engines a 1/2 speed to "save the engine" so the batteries never fully recharge.
Or on the other hand how hard it is to sell them a set of blades because the mower is still cuting the grass good so the blades are good & I am just trying to load the bill.
Even after I tip over the mower, put a new one over theirs to show them how badly worn the blades are or take them around to the graveyard and show them all the blown decks, they still won't do it. And even worse are the really smart ones who run with unbalanced blades then try to make a warrantee claim against me when the mower throws a rod or bearing.

Life would be a lot simpler if all my customers had IQ's less than 100 or were blue collar workers .
No small shop rips off their customers , hat is the domin of big brand name shops & big box stores.
Our customers are our reputation, our advertising & our livelihood.

highlift60

Threads
I'm not very smart, never clamed to be and if that matters, not afraid of you if that is what you want. Yes you are the WINNER so I will just hang my head in shame. You won A## of the week.

Once again, nice try. FAIL