Briggs and Stratton no oil change

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its about time that a manufacture came out with this idea. I have seen it many times a person buys a mower and never changes the oil. I can see this coming more all the time with the newer synthetic oils coming out. They say the engine runs cooler so the oil doesn't break down, time will tell??

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So Briggs is just now catching up with this old man. I'll bet they wish they had put me on the payroll 50 years ago.:laughing: Annual oil change isn't what Briggs needs to be paying attention to.

I see they carefully said news from MILWAUKEE rather than Beijing or Mexico City.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If folks decide to abide by this newly famed engineering B&S technology, they will be be looking down the road at very expensive repairs or engine replacement. Engine oil cleans, cools, & lubricates, it does loose its properties over time & breaks down.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
In your dreams, Briggs, and on the road to even more disposable machines (as in burned up). What oil doesn't pass through the head will leak out after 6 months of vibration.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lets get into the real world. Person buys a lawn mower, Has no idea how to change the oil or cares. Not going to get there hands dirty or even has a oil pan to catch the old oil or even owns a wrench to remove the oil plug. When the mower doesn't run, buy another new one This is the average home owner that lives in my neighbor hood. They make a living pushing paper. Just because everybody are experience mechanics and own a shop full of tools on this forum not everybody has this. This is going to be the ideal mower engine for this type of person and really think that B&S knows this and coming up with something good. I have also found grease fittings are there only to let dirt in seeing this same person sure doesn't own a grease gun. All I can say it makes me money so lets keep up the good work B&S.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
So Briggs is just now catching up with this old man. I'll bet they wish they had put me on the payroll 50 years ago.:laughing: Annual oil change isn't what Briggs needs to be paying attention to.

I see they carefully said news from MILWAUKEE rather than Beijing or Mexico City.

Why would they say Beijing or Mexico City?

They produce and build all engines over usa apart from DOV
which is assembled in China and Vanguard which is Jap.

The problem that I see with this engine is once it gets imported into the uk then import duty, tax, vat, rrp and this engine on a mower becomes expensive.
Most family folk that this is designed for will not be too happy if they have to keep buying a new mower each year for 」150 - 」200.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why would they say Beijing or Mexico City?

They produce and build all engines over usa apart from DOV
which is assembled in China and Vanguard which is Jap.

The problem that I see with this engine is once it gets imported into the uk then import duty, tax, vat, rrp and this engine on a mower becomes expensive.
Most family folk that this is designed for will not be too happy if they have to keep buying a new mower each year for 」150 - 」200.

How much is an 」150 - 」200 cost in English dollars. I'm not acquainted with the aribic money system.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
$1.00 equals 」1.54 so approx $231 - $300.
The equipment might be throw away product due to quality but not on price....

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
$1.00 equals 」1.54 so approx $231 - $300.
The equipment might be throw away product due to quality but not on price....

Now as I under stand this mower is designed to go better then 12 years. Not bad for no oil changes. If brought to a dealer for yearly oil changes you will spend that much money. Now I think this mower was intended for the person that wouldn't do the yearly maintenance not someone like you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The EXi engine was introduced to the public in October of 2014 and customers must still check and top off the oil as needed. In our shop we discussed how to handle this when the unit comes in for yearly service or tune-up. We've decided that the best service we can provide our customers is to change the oil. If asked why we are doing this when Briggs says you don't have to, we will explain the cleaning part of an oils job, which we feel will allow the engine to last longer. Yes, I know that some of you will say we are just trying to get a couple more bucks out of each of our customers, but with a business that has been around for more than 50 years and the vast majority of our customers being repeat, they trust us to do what we feel is the right thing for them. For those interested, this Press release might be of value. Read my signature.

Briggs and Stratton EXi Fact Sheet : 10 : 2014 : News : Newsroom : BASCO