Briggs and Stratton no oil change

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
So Mr & Mrs office jerk get to their "piece of paradise"

Never call a customer that. Everybody has a place on this earth, just because it isn't lawnmower maintenance doesn't make them bad or wrong.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Such people need an "electronic" mower powered by huge charged capacitors with bluetooth connectivity so they can stay "in touch" while mowing. If the kids are there a second seat with TV so they do not get bored. An air nozzle should blow on the operator so no grass clippings stick to the mowing outfit. The buyer would attend a seminar to learn how to operate the buttons, and a charging system would be installed in the garage. Overhead a drone will make sure all edges are cut properly and no neighbor grass is touched. A proper price point would be establed so the masses can afford this. Kinda like the VW or Citroen in Europe...a peoples' mower. :smile:

JD is best

Threads
Such people need an "electronic" mower powered by huge charged capacitors with bluetooth connectivity so they can stay "in touch" while mowing. If the kids are there a second seat with TV so they do not get bored. An air nozzle should blow on the operator so no grass clippings stick to the mowing outfit. The buyer would attend a seminar to learn how to operate the buttons, and a charging system would be installed in the garage. Overhead a drone will make sure all edges are cut properly and no neighbor grass is touched. A proper price point would be establed so the masses can afford this. Kinda like the VW or Citroen in Europe...a peoples' mower. :smile:
how much do you think people would pay for this "mower"

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
People would pay up to $1999 so they would not be tempted back to the gas powered units. But I think producing such a unit would involve lots of 3 D printing and Tesla might have to get involved. Terms could be offered for finance. Maybe even stock could be sold to raise money for the launch.

JD is best

Threads
People would pay up to $1999 so they would not be tempted back to the gas powered units. But I think producing such a unit would involve lots of 3 D printing and Tesla might have to get involved. Terms could be offered for finance. Maybe even stock could be sold to raise money for the launch.
sounds like rocket science when you put it like that

Last edited:

panabiker

Threads

Most of these people would eventually hire someone to mow their lawns. When I moved into the then new development, about half of the people mowed their lawns. Now, 10 years later, about one in 10 still does.

cashman

Threads
The oil deal should be a non issue. If someone brings a mower into your shop for a spring tune up or other repair, and if they a looking to you as a repairmen for guidance in keeping their mower operating with the least amount of worry or expense, just tell them up front your going to change the oil and charge them for it and that will just be part of the agreement. If they don't want the oil changed, fine, don't do it. You might try to explain what we all know that the oil as well as the filters etc. need to changed from time to time. You might get a chance to educate the customer a little on mower maintenance, maybe not. Reality is that a lot of the low end homeowner type mowers never have the oil changed anyway.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The oil deal should be a non issue. If someone brings a mower into your shop for a spring tune up or other repair, and if they a looking to you as a repairmen for guidance in keeping their mower operating with the least amount of worry or expense, just tell them up front your going to change the oil and charge them for it and that will just be part of the agreement. If they don't want the oil changed, fine, don't do it. You might try to explain what we all know that the oil as well as the filters etc. need to changed from time to time. You might get a chance to educate the customer a little on mower maintenance, maybe not. Reality is that a lot of the low end homeowner type mowers never have the oil changed anyway.

Looks like its going to be a very low maintenance engine. This type of person isn't going to have yearly maintenance done to their mower unless it doesn't start or cut the grass right.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the 411 on this engine is it has a rated life expectancy of 250 hours, and to maintain the oil in proper cleanliness, and life will require proper maintenance of the spark plug and air filter.

The people that don't change their oil will be the same people that won't maintain the air filter. So expect to do normal oil changes as part of the shop service.

highlift60

Threads
So Briggs is just now catching up with this old man. I'll bet they wish they had put me on the payroll 50 years ago.:laughing: Annual oil change isn't what Briggs needs to be paying attention to.

I see they carefully said news from MILWAUKEE rather than Beijing or Mexico City.

That could not be more accurate! Well said. This never needing an oil change thing is either some sort of early April fools joke or just another way Briggs is sinking another nail into their coffin. Not ever needing to change your oil is the most absurd and ridiculous thing I've read on the internet in a long time. People talk about JohnQ Public not ever changing their oil or other basic maintenance, but I never met anyone that oblivious and that stupid in my life. Maybe I don't get out much.