The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I once tripped over something I could not find.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

In the process of dismantling, moving, and rebuilding some shelving units from the upper shop to the lower,
I have misplaced a shelf support.
The thing is 24" long and 2" wide with a couple of silver buttons on each end.
One would consider it difficult to misplace, and even harder not to readily spot.
But, one would be WRONG !

That's an EASY fix Ron, just go buy another one, and when you get back, magically, the lost one will reappear, works for me ALMOST every time !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's an EASY fix Ron, just go buy another one, and when you get back, magically, the lost one will reappear, works for me ALMOST every time !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

As with many items such as this, I feared that the replacement cost would rival that of a whole additional shelving unit.
So I called Edsal, the manufacturer, and truthfully told my tale.
The nice lady said that they do not sell these parts individually,
so she would wend me one AT NO COST !!

WOW !!

THAT is customer service..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

As with many items such as this, I feared that the replacement cost would rival that of a whole additional shelving unit.
So I called Edsal, the manufacturer, and truthfully told my tale.
The nice lady said that they do not sell these parts individually,
so she would wend me one AT NO COST !!

WOW !!

THAT is customer service..........

Always nice to know "THEE MAN" is watchin over ya !

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Yeah Boo,

I've gotten thin blooded in my old age.. I don't enjoy the cold like I did when I was a kid.. Hell, less than ten years ago # 1 Step-Son and I enjoyed an entire day ice fishing a small pond that we had to snowshoe into, then clear 18" of snow off of, before we could drill holes in the ice and THEN we cooked venison back straps in a cast iron pan (he made ME carry that in!) in butter with onions over a fire we built up on boughs right on the ice! (The ice was about 28" thick.) Now THAT's BBQ-ing! They were delicious!!

And I would like to point out that back in '68, YOU too were a kid and more recently, I have heard you say that you no longer enjoy temperatures that drop below 70*F.. So I'll blame putting my grill away in November on my age and look forward to having you grill me something good this winter.. How's that for inviting myself over?!?!? LOL

Rog

Anything hot in that situation would have been delicious.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Any man who keeps a 5 pound tin of petroleum jelly on his bed stand knows what he is doing!
You are going to get me into a lot of trouble with a line like that.
It took a long time to convince various males who came into the shop what the Vasoline was for, let alone any lost female who should accidentially wander into man land.

FWIW I keep tea tree oil in petrolium jelly by the bed stand .
It stings a little on sensative skin so she knows it is only for chapped lips and cracked skin :laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I got a chance to look at one of the Bolens blowers that came in the pile. According to the label, it was made July of this year - less than 4 months ago. It had a broken starter rope and scored cylinder.

Well the one goes a long way to explain the other.
Not the first time I have seen a hand held with the cord ripped out cause the owner had been pulling like a lonely old man on something with no compression.

primerbulb120

Threads

Now that makes a lot of sense! Didn't think about how the two issues were related. :smile: