The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

When I turn it up to high, the sun dims a bit......

Ron,

I have to admit... That one had me laughing right out loud..

Good guys... All with a good sense of humor.. Well, most of them anyway..

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 122,580

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: A joke for NOBAMA

That is a good one Roger glad to see you are back after all you started this long lasting thread
Sorry i have been awol for a week. Wife and i took a little trip to the Smokey Mountains at Gatlinburg Tennessee. Meet up with some folks and had a great time.

NOBAMA,

No need top apologize for taking a road trip! Sounds like you had a good one to boot. We should all get out and enjoy life! Becky and I have driven all around the Smokey Mountains. Beautiful country.. We have friends who live in Murphy, NC that we often stop off to see on our way back to Maine and that gets us back into that part of the country when we do. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

You're not much of a "griller" are ya Goomba, back in "68" was stationed in Nebraska, (Offutt AFB) first snowfall was 34-1/2 in. my AF buddy lived across the street, we got excused from duty so we cleared a spot in front of his garage, set-up his grill, got a case of beer out of his basement, got some chicken outa the frig. , and proceeded to get hammered, a cop drove by, he went past real s-l-o-w then backed up got outa his cruiser, he said... you guys from the North Pole..??
FLORIDA !!! .. we laughed back, "figures" is the only word he said as he turned and left us to enjoy.

Yeah Boo,

I've gotten thin blooded in my old age.. I don't enjoy the cold like I did when I was a kid.. Hell, less than ten years ago # 1 Step-Son and I enjoyed an entire day ice fishing a small pond that we had to snowshoe into, then clear 18" of snow off of, before we could drill holes in the ice and THEN we cooked venison back straps in a cast iron pan (he made ME carry that in!) in butter with onions over a fire we built up on boughs right on the ice! (The ice was about 28" thick.) Now THAT's BBQ-ing! They were delicious!!

And I would like to point out that back in '68, YOU too were a kid and more recently, I have heard you say that you no longer enjoy temperatures that drop below 70*F.. So I'll blame putting my grill away in November on my age and look forward to having you grill me something good this winter.. How's that for inviting myself over?!?!? LOL

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron,

I have to admit... That one had me laughing right out loud..

Good guys... All with a good sense of humor.. Well, most of them anyway..

Rog

Me too! I love Ron's "off the wall" quips !! He really does help in the laughs department !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thank You Chuck, ... and please tell me how you manipulate the number of views !

I am going to let you all know a little secret. Most of our views are from GOOGLE and other search engines. If you post something here then all the search engines have to update. Each one views then they view the views and so on. It is a great system when you are trying to get your website to get visitors for advertising. The more visits the more money.

Everyone happy now???

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah Boo,

I've gotten thin blooded in my old age.. I don't enjoy the cold like I did when I was a kid.. Hell, less than ten years ago # 1 Step-Son and I enjoyed an entire day ice fishing a small pond that we had to snowshoe into, then clear 18" of snow off of, before we could drill holes in the ice and THEN we cooked venison back straps in a cast iron pan (he made ME carry that in!) in butter with onions over a fire we built up on boughs right on the ice! (The ice was about 28" thick.) Now THAT's BBQ-ing! They were delicious!!

And I would like to point out that back in '68, YOU too were a kid and more recently, I have heard you say that you no longer enjoy temperatures that drop below 70*F.. So I'll blame putting my grill away in November on my age and look forward to having you grill me something good this winter.. How's that for inviting myself over?!?!? LOL

Rog

Yeah .. a 22 year old "kid" , with a wife & baby too! AND ... when I was in Nebraska we had Arctic gear ( USAF issue ) and now down here, if the temp gets below 70deg. I wear enough warm clothes that I resemble the Pillsbury Dough-Boy or the Micheline Tire Plumpy !! yeah we could grill , ( don't forget MY grills are portable ! ) just go to the local brothel and bring a pig , do you like porker ..??? :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:cool2:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I am going to let you all know a little secret. Most of our views are from GOOGLE and other search engines. If you post something here then all the search engines have to update. Each one views then they view the views and so on. It is a great system when you are trying to get your website to get visitors for advertising. The more visits the more money.

Everyone happy now???

AWWW schitt !! sorry I asked !! you just "broke my bubble" , "cut the string on my balloon" , "schitt in my mess-kit" ..

AHhh what the hell, my Polish is showin ....AGAIN !!!!!

59d42de4fbcb460daaef00d3c51963bb--smiley-faces-emojis.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pissin' People off....

After reading all these other threads where you guys have either pissed somebody off or in some cases, been pissed ON! It makes one reflect on the past year this thread has rolled along without a single harsh word between any of us. And that's not because no mechanical problems haven't been dealt with either. That's what started it all.

It might occur to some of these guys, that when you come, with hat in hand, to ask for help, - first you need to describe your problem in the most accurate way you can. Then you need to do your level headed best to understand what it is that you've been told to do to correct it. If you don't understand, then explain why and ask again..... Bert-Man and I went though this process about grease way back when I was trying to select an appropriate lubricant for my non-sealed transaxle that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Bert is VERY knowledgeable about grease and lubricants -- (Any man who keeps a 5 pound tin of petroleum jelly on his bed stand knows what he is doing!) -- But unfortunately he speaks a foreign language that I often had to depend on others to interpret for me.. (I mean who knew your could obtain a decent hair pomade by extracting oil from a gland that wombats have!!) . . . Anyway, I learned a great deal about lubricants and finally settled on Corn Head Grease by John Deere. If, like me, you haven't spent half your life running a ten row combine, then you probably never heard of "Corn Head Grease" either.. But it's great stuff for unsealed transaxles. It liquefies under the pressure of gear operation and then solidifies when you aren't using the machine, so it doesn't leak out.. And best of all, it's inexpensive!!

Was it Pogo who asked - "Can't we all just get along?" . . . No, he was the one who said, "We have met the enemy and they are us!" .... But, I would like to say - "Thanks" to all you guys who have taken the time to be involved in this little endeavor. And "Thanks" to the Administrators who have allowed us to continue for so long 'on their dime', so to speak..

To all of you who read this thread and do not take a few moments to at least introduce yourselves, or participate in a more active way, all I can say is . . . "Piss Off"..................:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger B