ZTR mowers with zt-2800

stryderlis

Threads
Why are you so set on a IZT2800 has no filter and it is really a non-serviceable hydro. Oh I know you can siphon the oil out through the breather hole but who has that capability. Step up to the IZT 3100 which has a filter and is serviceable. Which is on the Big Dog Alpha MPX probably the best mower on the market for the money. This would be my choice.
From what I’ve read the zt-2800 is serviceable vs the zt-2200 which is not. Seeing as my yard is only .33 acre I would’ve just went with the zt-2200 except the zt-2800 is supposed to be better with hills. That’s the reason why I’m set on the zt-2800.

Unfortunately there are no big dog alpha mp in stock in my area. I was thinking the 38in alpha mp would be perfect for me because of the price point and size for my lawn.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What state are you in? We sell the Big Dog mowers. Pretty sure we have them in stock.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what I’ve read the zt-2800 is serviceable vs the zt-2200 which is not. Seeing as my yard is only .33 acre I would’ve just went with the zt-2200 except the zt-2800 is supposed to be better with hills. That’s the reason why I’m set on the zt-2800.

Unfortunately there are no big dog alpha mp in stock in my area. I was thinking the 38in alpha mp would be perfect for me because of the price point and size for my
What state are you in? We sell the Big Dog mowers. Pretty sure we have them in stock.
I'm not sure about the 38 inch cut.

stryderlis

Threads
I'm on the fence between 38 and 42. Only 200 more for the 42 inch and it's more of a standard width also.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm on the fence between 38 and 42. Only 200 more for the 42 inch and it's more of a standard width also.
The Hustler Raptor XD is the same mower. The Raptor XD lists the 42” deck as the smallest available.
The Gravely ZT XL has similar features and the 42” deck is the smallest they offer.
Please look at some higher grade lawn tractors before making your final decision.

Last edited:

stryderlis

Threads
Scag makes the Liberty Z with a 36” deck and ZT2800s. 15 degree slope recommended.
You are going to experience similar problems towing with the ZTR as you do with your lawn tractor. The center of gravity is better with a lawn tractor. There is very little weight on the front of a ZTR. Add a towed implement and that adds to the problem.
I found a new close out 2019 48in scag liberty for 3900. This seems like a better deal than the 2021 42 hustler raptor xd? Just wondering what the benefits that the scag has over the hustler as they are usually more expensive even though the engines and the transmissions are the same.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found a new close out 2019 48in scag liberty for 3900. This seems like a better deal than the 2021 42 hustler raptor xd? Just wondering what the benefits that the scag has over the hustler as they are usually more expensive even though the engines and the transmissions are the same.
That’s a good deal. However, a lawn tractor is going to be better for towing implements.

stryderlis

Threads
That’s a good deal. However, a lawn tractor is going to be better for towing implements.
It says the liberty z can tow 250 lbs. I do not believe I will be pulling anything that heavy. I will be towing a dethatcher and aerator only.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It says the liberty z can tow 250 lbs. I do not believe I will be pulling anything that heavy. I will be towing a dethatcher and aerator only.
What that 250 lbs means is a 250 lb man in a dump cart. That’s not a heck of a lot. Take a look at this article.