ZTR Hydro Linkage Adjustment

Brucebotti

Threads
I have seen a post that addresses this recently, but for the life of me I can't locate it after an exhaustive search. My new Toro MX5060 ZTR with the 2800 hydro units pulls to the left slightly, and also "creeps" slightly when the controls are in neutral. I won't even touch it until I get a few hours on it, but I want to be ready in case I need to do some adjusting. I can see the adjuster on each side, I'm just not sure which way to turn it. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.
Thanks,
Bruce

Ifixdit

Threads
I have seen a post that addresses this recently, but for the life of me I can't locate it after an exhaustive search. My new Toro MX5060 ZTR with the 2800 hydro units pulls to the left slightly, and also "creeps" slightly when the controls are in neutral. I won't even touch it until I get a few hours on it, but I want to be ready in case I need to do some adjusting. I can see the adjuster on each side, I'm just not sure which way to turn it. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.
Thanks,
Bruce

I believe Toro calls that a "Traction Adjustment" which should be described in the owner's manual. How new is new? Is it still under warranty? When in neutral are the controls perfectly even with one another? I haven't done a zero in a while but I believe if it's pulling to the left, then the left stick needs to be adjusted slightly forward. I would mark the adjuster so I would know where I started from. I would make the adjustment until she drives in a straight line then I would go back and readjust both till the creep goes away. I hope this helps. Let us know how it works out for you.

Brucebotti

Threads
I believe Toro calls that a "Traction Adjustment" which should be described in the owner's manual. How new is new? Is it still under warranty? When in neutral are the controls perfectly even with one another? I haven't done a zero in a while but I believe if it's pulling to the left, then the left stick needs to be adjusted slightly forward. I would mark the adjuster so I would know where I started from. I would make the adjustment until she drives in a straight line then I would go back and readjust both till the creep goes away. I hope this helps. Let us know how it works out for you.

Ifixdit,
Thanks for the info. It is brand new. I bought it online, so I don't want to bring it to the dealer unless I absolutely have to. It may even straighten out after I drive it some. Plus, this is my first experience with a ZTR, so it could be operator error.

There was nothing in the owners manual.

Thanks,
Bruce

chance123

Threads
The way Toro/Exmark recommend doing this is to raise both drive wheels off the ground, and while in neutral, start the engine. You will instantly see if one or both wheels are creeping slowly. Start adjusting at random. If the wheel starts creeping faster, then you must adjust in the "other" direction. The wheel will creep slower as you adjust until it stops. When it stops, your adjustment is complete.

Brucebotti

Threads
The way Toro/Exmark recommend doing this is to raise both drive wheels off the ground, and while in neutral, start the engine. You will instantly see if one or both wheels are creeping slowly. Start adjusting at random. If the wheel starts creeping faster, then you must adjust in the "other" direction. The wheel will creep slower as you adjust until it stops. When it stops, your adjustment is complete.

Chance123,
Thanks for the update and info. That does make sense and seems pretty easy to do. Since the Toro is new, and I am new to ZTR's, I decided to run it for a few hours before making any adjustments. It serms to have straightened itself out. It doesn't "creep" anymore. I also noticed that it pulls slightly to the right going one way on my lawn, and pulls slightly to the left going the opposite way. The pulling is more due to the slope of the landscape.
Thanks again,
Bruce