ZT60 Hard to start

Rippit04

Forum Newbie
Threads
As the dumb new guy on here please excuse if I missed it but I was looking for folks who bought the Pro Turn with the Gravely engine. I also have a ZT 60 with a Kawi and I love that one. I'm not impressed with the new Gravely engine at all. Terrible hard starting and the Pro Turn came with a mini battery that doesn't like the hard to start New Gravely engine. Dealer says YES they are hard to start. That's it.
Any thoughts? Thanks Much.

Richkiminhou

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used Pro Turn Z52 with the Locin (“Gravely”) 764cc engine. I dropped a splash of Lubegard Biotech (use this in my Ram 2500 gasser) and is amazing stuff (organic moly + other additives that raises the TBN (total base number) significantly). Bottom line is that my mower starts with a twist of the key (only need to hold it for 1.5 seconds). I also changed the oil (SAE 30) and the filter at 90 hours. The previous owner said he changed the oil at 50 hours but it was dirty. Research Biotech on bobistheoilguy. Great stuff. Buying some Rotella T5 10w30 for my next oil change.

bullet bob

Threads
As the dumb new guy on here please excuse if I missed it but I was looking for folks who bought the Pro Turn with the Gravely engine. I also have a ZT 60 with a Kawi and I love that one. I'm not impressed with the new Gravely engine at all. Terrible hard starting and the Pro Turn came with a mini battery that doesn't like the hard to start New Gravely engine. Dealer says YES they are hard to start. That's it.
Any thoughts? Thanks Much.
Put a good battery jumper on it from a known good non-running vehicle and crank it. If it fires right up.......well, there's yer answer.