Zero turn won’t start

Brinic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a Husqvarna zero turn Z 48, that will not start. I have replaced the PTO switch, the battery, and the key. every once in a blue moon, it will kick over. Seems like something is loose, or not making contact. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does it have a fuel solenoid on the carb? If so have someone turn the key to the RUN position while you grab the solenoid. You should feel and hear it click if it is working. When you post back include the engine numbers.

Brinic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does it have a fuel solenoid on the carb? If so have someone turn the key to the RUN position while you grab the solenoid. You should feel and hear it click if it is working. When you post back include the engine numbers.
Not hearing any click. It is a Kohler engine. Serial number is 4831608863

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you don’t feel or hear a click, I would remove the solenoid and make sure the plunger is moving freely. I spray carb cleaner on the plunger and carefully move it in/out until it moves freely. Engine model numbers please.

Brinic

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you don’t feel or hear a click, I would remove the solenoid and make sure the plunger is moving freely. I spray carb cleaner on the plunger and carefully move it in/out until it moves freely. Engine model numbers please.
OK. I will have to give that a try. It is a Kohler 26 hp 747 cc 7000 series

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK. I will have to give that a try. It is a Kohler 26 hp 747 cc 7000 series
Hi guys, was reading your very similar problem and ideas. Mine wont click either all the time, it occasionally wil click (twice?) and occasionally will start, mow for while (10 to 30 min or more) not click or start for another while. Mine is a KT740 on a Hustler Raptor flipup 54. I have changed lever and seat switches (shunted) , solenoid and key housing…. Gettin ready to start spark chasin which I hate and suck at…. Any ideers?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can’t feel or hear the fuel solenoid click, the plunger is probably not operating correctly. Either gummed up or bad.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
If you can’t feel or hear the fuel solenoid click, the plunger is probably not operating correctly. Either gummed up or bad.
The problem with cleaning an anti-afterfire carburetor solenoid is that sometimes after cleaning (weeks or months), they gum up again and create issues.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The serial comes backs as a KT745-3043.
The problem with cleaning an anti-afterfire carburetor solenoid is that sometimes after cleaning (weeks or months), they gum up again and create issues.
This is why they need to be ultrasonically cleaned to remove as much crud as you can. If rust is present then they get replaced.