Zero turn mower seat

SamB

Threads
Greetings,
Has anyone got any good suggestions for zero turn seats. My Hustler Raptor seat needs replacing. They are rubbish. A cushion mounted to a piece of plywood. And it doesnt even look like marine ply. Ive seena few of the boat seats look like they might fit. Has anyone done this?

Cheers
Mat
For some reason riding mower seats are ridiculously expensive. Vinyl seats last a very short time. It seems they dry out and crack in just a year or so. Fabric seats are much more durable, but still expensive. Vinyl seat $150 or so, Fabric seat $300 and up. A friend put a salvage yard bucket seat on his mower and is quite pleased with it as far as price(($15) and comfort. Hustler is a nice mower so you may want to go back OEM.

pete cutting

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,
Has anyone got any good suggestions for zero turn seats. My Hustler Raptor seat needs replacing. They are rubbish. A cushion mounted to a piece of plywood. And it doesnt even look like marine ply. Ive seena few of the boat seats look like they might fit. Has anyone done this?

Cheers
Mat
Some angle iron, a few nuts and bolts and yer good to go 1672160125785.png

ddbtdd

Threads
Greetings,

Cheers
Mat
Greetings,

Cheers
Mat
I have a Milsco v5300 seat with suspension on my Snapper Pro. My ZTR is now very comfortable and a great ride!

ddbtdd

Threads
Milsco (aka Michigan Seat Company) has some pretty nice seats. It's OEM for some equipment. They have several distributors, Northern Tool is already mentioned. I bought the V5300 for my Hustler Super Z. Pretty decent seat.
I have the 5300 on my Snapper Pro and love it!

13brian

Threads
I can vouch for the Trac Seat on mine, bought brand new Scag without suspension seat, added one under my OE seat (had to use some 1" square tube steel to offset from seat brackets). Night and day difference on the ride. Possible option for saving on pre-made suspension integrated seat.

Last edited:

billypumper

Threads
Seat warehouse has free shipping, my new seat slides and isn't fixed in one position, it came with a no brainier switch on the bottom also.

MikeH62

Threads
Greetings,

Cheers
Mat
Well the ones I've seen aren't made with plywood and not knowing what you want to spend for a seat here's a link
https://www.tractorseats.com/c-178-hustler-lawn-mower-seats.aspx And here's a link from Amazon for a cheapie..

Other than that the only thing I can suggest is to tear the old one apart and rebuild it, using the old parts as a templet. Don't like plywood, got to Menards or someplace grab some 18 or 20 gauge sheet metal and us it as your base, go to Michaels or another hobby store buy your foam / batting cushioning and Pleather / Marine material, and build your new seat, Good luck

sporties

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,

Cheers
Mat
I don't know how much you weigh, but when you go over a bump, does it jar your back? If you can afford it, I'd get a Suspension seat. Amazon sells them. They're not cheap, but they're worth it for not breaking your back while mowing grass.

billypumper

Threads
One thing I forgot to mention, the new seat is 4 inches thick, the armrest are 3 inches thick and move up and down, the seat slides forward and back 12 inches , fit like a glove, studs matched up correctly with no modifications for $175 dollars, the dealer wanted $600 for something that should have been mounted in a go cart.

SlopeMan2

Threads
I ordered a regular mower suspension seat for my Big Boy mower. That was the best $300 I have spent. There is a world of differen.. ce.