Zero turn hydraulic problems

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Titan zero turn Z6050 model 74824. It has about 31 hours on it. During the summer it started leaking hydraulic fluid. I filled it and it would last a month or so. It got me thru the summer. It sat a month or so and when I filled it to move it to repair it it moved but the left transmission would not work. I figured it needed bleeding because it was almost empty. I replaced both pump and gears which was leaking. Changed both filters and put new fluid. Bled it according to the procedure in the manual. The left transmission is still not responding fully. I re-bled it again and it works a little better. Any ideas?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Purge it again. Sometimes it really takes a lot to get all the air out.

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks I will. Is it necessary to remove the reservoir cap or loosen plugs at the top of each gear to bleed?

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
The metal cap with two bolts and gears in it and a large ring. Is that the pump? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you removed and replaced the charge pumps which is the cover with the two bolts and the gerotor gear set did you happen to get the left one turned 180 degrees, because if you turn the covers around will cause the pumps to try to pump in the opposite direction.

Get us the numbers off of the hydro unit and will get get the charge pump orientation diagram to assist.

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
The new one is 72274. I had the same problem before changing it. When it is jacked up the left wheel doesn’t move and the right wheel moves back and forth.

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hydro gear number is zkkcbb3k5a2wlx

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like the 72774 is installed with the square part facing down on the ZK-K series hydro's

Covah161

Forum Newbie
Threads
That’s what I have. Do you think my hydro gear is just shot? My left wheel doesn’t move either way. Is there anything I can check to make sure? Thanks for your help.