zama C1Q

Grasmo

Threads
Can an experienced wrench tell me how I can rebuild a C1Q on an fs-250 and not have a firm primer bulb???.......Is the needle/metering lever height responsible for this??? or do I need to re-seal the welch plugs????I am not pulling them out and not sure if they would have an effect on the feel of the primer bulb.....they run great but i can't get them to prime up????

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am assuming that the primer isn't filling when you prime. When you release the primer does it sound like it is sucking air through the center of the carb, where the throttle butterfly is. if so then you have a check valve stuck open, and may have to replace the carb, or replace the check valve if available.

Grasmo

Threads
aha....I am assuming you mean the tiny rubber disk inside the main/high speed jet.Thanks for the reply....and I can't really tell where the sound would be coming from.....I have made minute adjustments in the lever height over and over thinking the height was not "exact"......i have rebuilt dozens and dozens of these...guess i was lucky....I'll try to "free up" the check valve.....Thank you.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think were the problem starts with the rubber disc in the main jet, aka, check valve is people use carb cleaner to clean the carb, and the cleaner causes the rubber to permanently swell. I have even seen problems with using ultrasonic cleaners which use a water base cleaner.

Grasmo

Threads
I have blown the rubber disc out of them by accident , using too much pressure....hate to say it....but I may just stop rebuilding them....