Z 245 EZ Trac turns over but will not start.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got a new switch.

Touched the battery positive post with the positive cable to solenoid and the starter starts spinning!
Any ideas guys? I need this mower tomorrow!

You have a short somewhere.
Double check that the solenoid turns on and off when the trigger wire is touched to it
Then if it does, set the brake start the mower then pull the trigger wire off the solenoid.

And are you sure you have wired it correctly ?
The power take off wire must go on the hot side of the solenoid.
If there was a short wire with a ring on one side & a push termnal on the other, it is a ground wire and goes from a mounting bolt to the ground terminal.

Finally, pull the power wire off the starter motor and put the nut back on
Run a jumper to the starter and use it to spin the stater making sure that the starter does dissengage

If there is always 12V on the solenoid trigger wire then the usual culprit is the starter switch or the plug behind it.

CVB-CWVO

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyway, Got the starter issue fixed.

Took care of the property in the area I needed to and brought it home again. Took it
off the trailer and headed out to the maintenance shop and it stopped running halfway
there. Tried re-cranking it, but it was a no go. I suspect it to be the fuel shut off solenoid.

Remember when I mentioned earlier about chocking it and pulled a plug and it was bone
dry? It's like back to square one! LOL I learned a few lessons on the way to this point! ;)

The solenoid is a horizontal type. While I had it off I took 2 speaker wires and connected
them to the battery. Touched the small posts in the connector and it worked for the day
I assumed(Yeah. I know! ;) )it was functioning properly.
Ordering a new one for it. Price wise, it looks like it will be around $111.00

CVB-CWVO

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wasn't the fuel shut off. Turned out to be just a sticking float.
Also, the starting issue with the solenoid to starter turned out to be the new one had the post reversed.
They could have made a note of it in the box!
I put Seafoam in a tank of gas and ran it. Fires right up like it's supposed to. :)

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice to know you fixed it.....:thumbsup: