YTH2448 Hydorstatic issues

Bluwtr

Threads
Update:

I pulled the deck to see better and I still can't tell what's going on. Nothing seems to be in a bind that I can tell. I really don't want to tear the entire system apart, but to get an even better look, how difficult is it to drop the large support pan that the linkage runs through and I assume works as a sort of skid plate.

Also (for my education), if I understand correctly, when you press the pedal, the linkage moves an actuator in the hydrostatic unit which basically closes a bypass and lets the hydraulic fluid does it job. Is that right?

Thanks.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm about to open my GT 48 locker and have been overdosing on hydrostatic stuff. The internals want clean oil to operate correctly. If gummy or clogged the drive gets slow . There is an oiled plate in there which determines forward and reverse. Not wishing it on you, but with high hours might be oil fatique. There is a filter and up to 5 magnets which can be overcome with metal powder . My problem is something broke...like the pinion drive/slider/locker.

Bluwtr

Threads
LOL, so sometimes I screw up and then other times, I screw up. So all of the information that I've provided on "MY" mower and asked about...................is wrong. I actually had the information for my dads mower. I actually have a YTA22V46 model number 960450051. I just figured it out today helping my dad with his mower. His electric clutch has gone out as has the motor so I'm helping him with that.

So here is my actual info tag...

Attachments

• Husqvarna Info plate.jpg
    Husqvarna Info plate.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 0