YTH2348 Blade engaging issue.

Dale539

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK
As you can see, everyone chimes in with their pet fault without reading the entire thread or working in a methodical way.
So now we have ruled out a mechanical problem on the deck.
This means that your problem has to be in the wiring itself.
By now hopefully you have your wiring diagram in hand
From it you will see that a lot of things are connected to the B & W wire that goes to the magneto.
If any one of them closes and connects the black ( ground ) wire to he B & W the engine stops .
Usually if the seat switch is bad, the engine stops when you let off the parking brake .
If this was your problem then you would not be able to drive the mower anywhere.
Although I have seen some where a bad connection on the seat switch has caused your problem but allowed the mower to move.
So pull the set switch apart then reconnect it hard .
Have you located the Reverse switch yet ?
Starting to look like the culprit
I 've unplugged the seat switch several times and even put some spark plug boot lube on the connector and I think it's good. Where is the reverse switch located? Only other switch I checked was the one that works off the brake pedal rod.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I 've unplugged the seat switch several times and even put some spark plug boot lube on the connector and I think it's good. Where is the reverse switch located? Only other switch I checked was the one that works off the brake pedal rod.
Take the rear wheel off ( right one from memory ) and follow the seat switch wire as it will run down to the reverse switch on the axel .
it is a simple plunger switch in for on out for off
Not uncommon to find some debris in there preventing the plunger in .

Dale539

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the rear wheel off ( right one from memory ) and follow the seat switch wire as it will run down to the reverse switch on the axel .
it is a simple plunger switch in for on out for off
Not uncommon to find some debris in there preventing the plunger in .
I'll check that tomorrow. Thanks

Scagley

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll check that tomorrow. Thanks
This happened to me on my twin cylinder Briggs on my Scag. The twin cylinder motors need more juice than older singles. My battery was getting weak and new battery fixed my semi stall when I engaged the blades

Freddie21

Threads
Hey Bert, read the post...he got it to work. Bad PTO clutch.

Dale539

Forum Newbie
Threads
This happened to me on my twin cylinder Briggs on my Scag. The twin cylinder motors need more juice than older singles. My battery was getting weak and new battery fixed my semi stall when I engaged the blades
I've done so much stuff to the mower I don't know what fixed it but it's working now a new battery was one of the things I done but I also replaced some switches.