YTH 2148 wiring diagram

The wires got caught around the clutch and ripped out. I can’t find the plug that they are supposed to go into. I’m continuing to search. Two wires coming from the clutch and both look green.
 
Oh the forget to put the anti rotation device in placed trick.

IF it at the electric clutch one wire is ground and the other is switched 12v. Got to be careful reconnecting as some clutches have a built in diode that short out if connected wrong. And schematic does shows this diode being there.

The +12 vdc lead for clutch goes to terminal "E". On the PTO terminal "B" should have +12 vdc when the ignition switch is in the run position. And PTO switch pulled to on position.
1690410424944.png

Provided you have an PTO clutch with a detachable connector then following should help in connecting up the PTO wires at the clutch. Note red is the +12 vdc wire.
1690411032932.png
This is Rotary 10-12923.
 
Last edited:
As you can see both wires are green this photo shows the wires under the battery box
 

Attachments

  • 0CC4E1E2-3729-4E57-B4C5-7E21B9F58D3C.jpeg
    0CC4E1E2-3729-4E57-B4C5-7E21B9F58D3C.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
Found this on Amazon and it has two green wires, but I haven’t found where it plugs into the wiring harness 1B2FC7BC-F292-4A99-9D61-B8C942B373B7.jpeg61FD35C4-91AE-4EB6-A3BD-34F0291F828A.jpeg
 
I found the solution, the green wires go to a black and a red. I looked at my neighbors mower and there it was!
 
Sorry been busy in the shop and fighting the heat here. Lost power for several hours in the heat of the day. Boy I though I was off the grid more than I am. Air compressor ran out of air so things got put on hold until the power came back on.

Boy did you get lucky on those PTO the wires usually get rip out their mounting points. And BTW that particular clutch you have is a non polarize version so it doesn't matter which way they connected as long as one is grounded negative and the other positive.
 
Back
Top