YT 4000

ajrobson

Threads
I have a Craftsman YT4000 which I have had a couple of years and am happy with.

Just noticed one of the rear tires is flat. I am assuming I can plug it like one would a car tire if I can find where the puncture is?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Craftsman YT4000 which I have had a couple of years and am happy with.

Just noticed one of the rear tires is flat. I am assuming I can plug it like one would a car tire if I can find where the puncture is?

That is correct, find the hole and put a plug in it. If it is on the side wall, plugs don't work very well. Slime tire sealant, or similar works a little better for side walls and around leaking beads. Just don't use fix-a-flat because unless they changed the formula is corrosive.

ajrobson

Threads
Thanks!

Sounds like the sealant might be a better way to go. Just how much per tire? I'll probably just do all of them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of the sealant bottles will have a use this much by tire diameter and width chart as part of the label.

Threads
Plug it that sealant makes a mess of the wheel inside just over inflate it a little, and spray it with water to find the leak, and plug it or if you have a local discount tire shop they will fix it for you cheap. I have had some mounted there, and repaired they dont charge much if anything at all.