YT 3000 THROWING GROUND DRIVE BELT

SUNLOVER

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All!
I have a Craftsman YT 3000 46" cut that has just started throwing the ground drive belt. If I hit a hard bump it comes off or if I run into the chain link fence when making a turn it comes off.(I know, don't hit the fence!) I pulled the deck out and got under the mower to inspect the pulleys and every thing looked fine. I even took a small steel brush and cleaned the pulleys, no chips or cracks. Installed a NEW belt as sold by Sears and it wasn't 10 min. I hit a bump in the yard and the belt came off. out comes the battery and battery box, belt gets pulled out of the cooling fan and put back in the pulley, battery reinstalled and I'm off and running again UNTIL! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That sounds like the stabilizer on the transmission is loose broken or fallen off.
The transmission is held on by a pair of bolts on either axels and by a bracket that stops it rolling forward or backwards.
These should be checked periodically and will work loose over time .
Some break off, some brackets break off, some come loose & flog out the holes making them useless.

It is a lot easier to get tat the stabilizers with the deck off and the mower up high.

GO to Sears and print out the parts breakdown.
Sometimes the stabilizer is listed with the tranny some times it is listed with the frame & fittings

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the manual PTO engagement that is often a pulley alignment problem because of the engineering of that PTO idler pulley system.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In your case it is
Lawn Tractor Torque Bracket
part # 532-401564