your thoughts or opinions?

173abn

Threads
geoff,a bit confused here.You said it was a 9361 deck,the first two #are the yr. deck was built.sometimes like my machine the decks have been changed,I have a 9661deck and a 95 tractor.also you said you greased it ,so does yours have zerks for the idlers or was it the 3 spindels you were talking about?...russ

geoff

Threads
hi Russ,

Sorry for the delay in responding...I was temporarily distracted by a little thing called Hurricane Irene...LOL... now that dust, and grass and branches etc have settled I can get back to the important stuff..the GH!!! Russ I was using the model number on a receipt from the previous owner's work order but will confirm the deck year after I check out the serial number...but to answer your question about the idler wheels.. when i first lifted up the deck and saw the idler wheel chewed up from the inside I didn't investigate further but of course you are right, the idler wheels do not get grease but I do suspect that maybe they are supposed to be periodically lubricated with maybe oil? Is that right? I did grease the zerk grease fittings on the spindles but briefly thought that maybe one of the spindles had failed causing the idler wheel to self destruct but I don't think that is probably right.. as was offered before, it probably just wore out.... I replaced it with a new one and ordered a second one to replace the other one figuring they must both be about the same age and if so, the other one probably is on its last legs, or wheels. Its running fine now. Thanks for your help... I was told you are the guru on manuals for GH. Are you aware of any manuals on the order of a shop manual or something a bit more in depth than the owners manuals that come with the units? I would like to find either a shop manual or something a step down from that but haven't been able to find anything like by anyone... Any suggestions? Thanks

Geoff

173abn

Threads
geoff,unfortunally I can't find any other type manuel other than the owners manuel.I too looked and have had no luck.The next time I go to the dealer I'm going to ask him because like you I'd like a more detailed manuel.Hope Ireane was kind to you...russ