yellowing leaves on plants?

Bessy

Threads
Does anyone have any idea what causes yellowing leaves on plants? They get lots of water, fertilizer but they are still not growing and the leaves are yellow. It is starting to worry me.

bret

Threads
They may be lacking nitrogen. Go get some blood and bone meal any sprinkle it around the plant and water it well, it should clear up in a week or two.

Usedtorent

Threads
Last year when our leaves started to turn yellow we were told it was a disease called Blythe? We lost a lot of plants! It was a disease of the soil.

Bessy

Threads
Was it soil you had, or soil you bought? I am wondering cause it's only the plants in that type of soil that I am having issues with, maybe there is something in it that the plants don't like. I wonder if I can save them if I transplant them?

Stevie-Ray

Threads
I've always found it was too much water. Cut back on the water, fertilize as normal.

Bessy

Threads
I haven't really watered them much. I will have to monitor it better as to how much and what I am giving them so I can see what helps and what doesn't

jhwentworth

Threads
Does anyone have any idea what causes yellowing leaves on plants? They get lots of water, fertilizer but they are still not growing and the leaves are yellow. It is starting to worry me.

First, what kind of plants, and where are they planted (pots or in the ground)? Potted plants are especially sensitive to excessive watering. If potted, are they indoors or outside? How quickly did the yellowing progress? I have a constant battle with whiteflies in my greenhouse, which do cause the leaves to yellow, then brown. Look closely at the leaves, do you see any sign of insects? Whiteflies look like specks of white dust on the leaves. There are a number of insects that live by sucking the juices from the leaves (without the chlorophyll the leaf turns yellow), and a fungus can give similar results. Once you've determined that an insect or fungus is responsible you can decide on a treatment.

Bessy

Threads
They are cosmos plants, a type of flower, they kinda look like ferns but flower bright flowers. They are one of my favorites. If I take a magnifying glass you think I could see bugs if they are there?

Bessy

Threads
Oh, how do you treat for those bugs? Any special powder, spray or is there nothing to fix it now that it is done? I hope not, they are such beautiful flowers to lose them.