Yard-Man Model 13A0772H755 deck problems

tawest

Forum Newbie
I have just replaced the blade belt, now when I raise the deck, the blades engage even while the pto is in the off position. Not much tension on blade belt when deck is completely lowered, but tension increases when you raise the deck adjustment. I've checked all pulley's and they seem to be fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
For MTD products is very important to get an OEM belt. If you did not than that will be the problem.
 
954-0349 Belt that goes on deck
954-04122 Belt that goes from engine to deck
Belt numbers you need.
"A substitute (non oem) v-belt can be dangerous by not disengaging completely." This is plastered all over the page with the belt on it.
 
I have just replaced the blade belt, now when I raise the deck, the blades engage even while the pto is in the off position. Not much tension on blade belt when deck is completely lowered, but tension increases when you raise the deck adjustment. I've checked all pulley's and they seem to be fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I removed the deck this morning, and a deck bolt around the tension pulley had rusted and seized up. I loosened the bolt a turn and got tension pulley working correctly, and mower is working well now. Thanks for all of your post.
 
Back
Top