Yard machine year built

john871952

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a MTD yard master and I can't read the serial number
I need to figure out the model number and or date of manufacturing
Has a 20 HP twin2 Briggs and Stratton model 461707, type 143 E1, code 9909285b,
42 inch cut, its black in color, brake and speed control are both on the right side, foot operated , forward reverse on left fender. L2345H deck height on the right fender,
I know its more then likely a 1999 based on engine code, can you give me a lst of all the 20 hp 42 cut built in 99, there is probably more then one, and i maybe able to ID one by parts list or pictures,
I need to get some parts and want to be sure I get the correct ones,
Thank you in advance,

Attachments

• 20230629_180309.jpg
    20230629_180309.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the sticker under the seat is still there and the top layer with the numbers on it has gone you can still read it by aking some photos with a digital camera ( NOT A PHONE ) at several different angles in good light ( from one side only ).
Then load them into any photo editing app you can find
Increase the contrast & decrease the brightness.
Usually the numbers will pop out because the camera sees the difference between the faded base white and less faded bit where the printing was .
Last ditch effort is to invert the image ( make white black ) some times called "make negative "
I do this at least once a month

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2000 13AI608G129 uses your engine. So see it it matches your mower.

john871952

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the sticker under the seat is still there and the top layer with the numbers on it has gone you can still read it by aking some photos with a digital camera ( NOT A PHONE ) at several different angles in good light ( from one side only ).
Usually the numbers will pop out because the camera sees the difference between the faded base white and less faded bit where the printing was .
Last ditch effort is to invert the image ( make white black ) some times called "make negative "
I do this at least

I do this at least once a month
The sticker isn't there

john871952

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do this at least
Thank you, that is it