XT2 Fuel Pump with Kohler series 7000 engine and Smart Choke

Mowmeover

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / XT2 Fuel Pump with Kohler series 7000 engine and Smart Choke
The tractor is a Cub cadet XT2 with Smart Choke (which sucks, by the way) and the bottom of tank is actually almost even with the top of the carburetor, but it has a fuel pump. Not sure why it isnt gravity fed? Anyhow, should gas actually run through the fuel pump when the mower isnt running, or do you think its got a bad diaphragm or check valve? I also get a gas smell when i smell the dipstick. Could the gas be going through diaphragm and into the valve cover where the pulse tube is and down in the oil? Any HELP would be appreciated..Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes the check valve stops fuel running backwards into the fuel tank.
Your carburettor needs a service as the float valve is leaking.
A tap between the tank & the pump won't hurt either

Mowmeover

Forum Newbie
Threads
So are you saying that gas should come out of the fuel pump even if the engine is NOT running? If thats the case, why have the pump at all? His property isnt that hilly. Im worried because ive changed the oil once because of gas getting in the engine, and now its doing it again. The carb was (sonic cleaned) serviced but i also notice when i shut it down , it wants to diesel. I dont think the anti backfire solenoid is working right either. Machine only has like 40 hrs it and he used some of the cheap ethynol crap. Now its got the non ethynol in it, but im thinking the damage is done. Im going to by pass the pump, put in an on/off valve on it and check that solenoid on the bottom of the carb. Thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I second that fuel shut off valve and a good paper filter.

slomo