XT1 LT42B

ron815

Threads
I bought my cub cadet this summer and want to winterize it. After using it about 20 hrs, what all should I do? Plug would still be fine and probably the oil and filter are good. I was wondering about whether to empty the gas and maybe put a couple of ounces of gas treatment in. I will be removing the battery and sharpening the blade. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Threads
Get some Sta-bil gas additive and follow the directions. I always fill my tank up and add the amount of Sta-bil based on that. You don't need to remove the battery - just disconnect the terminals. Next summer, when you reach 50 hrs. or so, you're going to need to change the tranny fluid and filter to remove any possible schlock that's sloughed off the new tranny. Seems too soon I know, but the senior poster on here strongly recommends it. It's not a big deal to do on a JD X-370. I don't know about the Cub. Cheers!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is if the OP really wants to pull the transaxle. Tuff Torq TL200-D [787T0124021]; basically the same as the K46 in how the oil and filter is changed.

ron815

Threads
Get some Sta-bil gas additive and follow the directions. I always fill my tank up and add the amount of Sta-bil based on that. You don't need to remove the battery - just disconnect the terminals. Next summer, when you reach 50 hrs. or so, you're going to need to change the tranny fluid and filter to remove any possible schlock that's sloughed off the new tranny. Seems too soon I know, but the senior poster on here strongly recommends it. It's not a big deal to do on a JD X-370. I don't know about the Cub. Cheers!

ron815

Threads
Thanks for y'alls suggestions. One other thing I want to do is grease it. This is my first riding lawn mower so want to take care of it and want it to start right up next spring, Lord willing.