X360 Starting Problem

powwowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem might reside in the ignition switch, or the wiring? I turn the key and nothing happens. Sometimes it cranks!! Lately it's mostly nothing happens! Is there a way to test the ignition switch? How do I remove it. There are multiple wires leading to it. What other wires, parts do I check? Thanks for any help provided.

Larry

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Are you it is a LX360 and not a X360? JD Parts doesn't list a LX360. Also what the mower serial number as JD may used different swtiches.

Last edited:

powwowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is not an LX!! ;) Excuse me, please.

The proper identification of the mower is
X360 48" Cut
2013 LX 360 Select Series
1M0X360AHDM252017

Bought new on 3/3/2014. The engine is a Kawasaki FS651V, 22 H.P.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I would do is check all electrical connections before throwing any parts at it. Most common problem I have found is a bad or dirty battery to chassis ground connection.

powwowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm guilty of overly complicated thinking. The positive battery connection was the culprit. The bolt was tight and there was no corrosion, that I saw. I removed both battery cables. I did the negative cable first and it ohmed out ok. Re-connected the cable and still no start. Then dis-connected the positive cable. It checked good. Re-attached the positive cable and it cranked right up!!! I brushed and cleaned the connections as I went.

I'm such a DUMMY.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for coming back
Glad it was an easy fix
FWIW you can not test a battery cable with an Ω meter
More than once it has caught me out where they Ω out OK but the actual wires were all rotted under the insulation
Thus there was enough connection to show no resistance but not enough to carry anything more than a couple of amps .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t kick yourself too much, anyone of us who is worth a pinch of salt and does electrical troubleshooting has over looked the simple things more than once. It happens.