Engine X300 wouldn't start- ecu module

swampyankee

Forum Newbie
Threads
My x300 suddenly wouldn't start. Coincidentally, my battery went dead and I was limping it along.... A little jump start here, battery trickle charge there and then I finally gave in and replaced battery. During this battery issue, the engine had a few hard starting issues but I attributed it to the battery. So I replaced the battery and figured that would solve all the starting woes. But I couldn't get my Deere started at all. Would turn over great now that had new battery but not start. After a little research I came to find out the ecu went bad. The x300s allegedly are known for ecu problems said my jd shop,, But what I determined is that my jump starting is most likely what caused the ecu to fry. Bottom line... Do not jump start the machine or you run a good risk of frying your ecu. It's easy enought to replace but part is $70.

xp14629

Threads
As long as you didn't short anything out jump starting the unit, or apply more than 15 vdc to the electrical system, nothing you did caused the ecu to go out. I work on these every day and the original ecu does have a problem with the internal circuits burning open prematurely. I have not seen one make it out of the warranty period though.

swampyankee

Forum Newbie
Threads
As long as you didn't short anything out jump starting the unit, or apply more than 15 vdc to the electrical system, nothing you did caused the ecu to go out. I work on these every day and the original ecu does have a problem with the internal circuits burning open prematurely. I have not seen one make it out of the warranty period though.

Thanks for the input... I guess it could have been a strange coincidence.. My tractor is a 2008, so I guess it just made it past warranty. At least I know how to fix for next time..

mudiyapp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had similar problem and had it replaced after replacing the fuel filter and battery both of them were not at faulit. my tractor was 2009 and did not have warrenty coverage.