x300 blowing oil

basstracker

Threads
if you pull the oil stick out with engine running should it blow out where you put oil in?

gfp55

Threads
You should not take the dipstick out when the engine is running. You should not open any fill cap or take out the dipstick of any engine when the engine is running. If you want to check the oil of any engine, its always a good idea to turn the engine off and let the engine sit for awhile to let the oil run down from the top parts of the engine before pulling out the dipstick to get a accurate reading of the oil level.

Nwatson99

Threads
You should not take the dipstick out when the engine is running. You should not open any fill cap or take out the dipstick of any engine when the engine is running. If you want to check the oil of any engine, its always a good idea to turn the engine off and let the engine sit for awhile to let the oil run down from the top parts of the engine before pulling out the dipstick to get a accurate reading of the oil level.

Bingo and normally on all mowers where the dip stick thread on, just remove it the first time wipe it off, stick it right back in without threading it back on and pull it out for the reading.

basstracker

Threads

I changed oil and like a dummy I forgot to put it in before I started the motor, it blew oil everwhere. I didn't know if it should do that or not.

gfp55

Threads
Did you start another thread about the same thing, but about a 19hp engine? Nwatson99 is right about how to check you oil correctly. Did you read his post?

Last edited: